PM1440GT change gear problem

You must have one of the first production run lathes like I do?

I sent Matt a list of inconsistencies in the factory manual of which most were addressed in the manual they published later.

There is also another error on the inch thread chart on the lathe where a PX lever combo should be RX. Matt had the factory fix that and he sent me an updated panel but the new panel was longer with different bolt spacing so I updated my panel with a sharpie.
Is the entire PX column with the 11.5 tpi thread incorrect? Column should be RX?

Is the entire PX column with the 11.5 tpi thread incorrect? Column should be RX?
That's the one. PM's manual is still not correct. I'm assuming the the new lathes have the correct badge?

Photo of a thread chart off an Eisen lathe with the same gearbox.

Thread-Feed-Chart.jpg

Thread chart on my lathe.

pm1440gt thread chart.jpg

Mine is only 6 months or so newer than yours. Has the same incorrect thread chart.

Mine has the correct RX in the 11.5 column. But it shows the large gears as 109 & 103 instead of 127 & 120. Doesn't matter much I suppose as I didn't receive any extra large gears to swap out.

I had my wife print out the pdf of the better manual. I am going to put it in page protecters then stick it in a 3 ring binder.

BP
CCA67A02-785C-45A7-BD9C-F5C8EC2A603E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back