PM1440TV - Special Order

Bamban

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Coming to TX in 2-3 months. This will replace my SBL13, and maybe my ACER 1236. Ulma Doctor, the Baby Jet 1024 you sourced for me is not going anywhere. Still love that little green lathe that could.

PM-1440TV High Precision Lathe With:
Complete solid one piece cast iron base
Back Splash Guard
4 Way Tool Post
Tail Stock Dead Center
Feed Rod Clutch (To prevent overloading and usingcarriage stops)
Steady Rest
Follow Rest
Coolant System
Owners Manual and Parts List
NTN, NSK, FAG, or NACHI Spindle bearings, with +/-.0001" Max Spindle Runout
Reducing Sleeve for Headstock Dead Center
Thread Chasing Dial
Everything Needed for listed Inch and Metric Thread Pitches
Foot Brake
5 YearWarranty

Easson ES-12B DRO Set, 200x1000mm Scales:
GS-31 200mm High Resolution Cross Slide Slim Scale
GS-10 1000mm Long Scale

Specifications

Swing over Bed14”
Swing over Cross Slide8 3/4”
Swing over Gap20 3/4”
Distance between Centers40”
Width of Bed9”
Spindle NoseD1-4
Spindle Bore1 9/16”
Taper of SpindleM.T.#5
Spindle Speed (2-steps))25 ~ 2500 RPM
Leadscrew Diameter15/16”
Pitch4 TPI
Inch Threads3 ~ 56 TPI (32 kinds)
Metric Threads0.4 ~ 7.0mm (32 kinds)
Longitudinal Feed Range0.0026”/rev ~ 0.0368”/rev
Cross Feed Range0.0013”/rev ~ 0.0184”/rev
Cross Slide Travel7 7/8”
Compound Rest Travel3 3/4”
Quill Diameter1 9/16”
Tailstock Quill TaperM.T. #3
Quill Travel4 7/8”
Main Motor5 HP, Three-phase, 220V
Inverter DriveYaskawa V1000, 7.5HP
Coolant Pump1/8 HP 3ph

Screenshot_20190703-013156_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Last edited:
i couldn't think of a better home for a lathe than in Bamban's shop
congratulations!
please show pics whey you get her!

i couldn't think of a better home for a lathe than in Bamban's shop
congratulations!
please show pics whey you get her!

Will do, Mike, and thank you.

The first on the to do list when I get it is to remove the FWD/STOP/REV lever riding on the apron, and the associated switch actuator rod. Replace the system with push button switches. After using the 2 lathes for awhile now with the switch boxes and VFD systems designed by Mark, I am spoiled. When I had the lever on the 1236 I could not recall how many times I accidentally bumped the lever and started the lathe.

Now that Mark has the experience with the Yaskawa VFD system on his ERL, I will be knocking on his door again for help on figuring out how to integrate the switch box on this lathe.

I am hoping the lathe comes with a good wiring diagram.

Let me know when you are ready to move machines around in your shop. I want to help. Congrats

Nez great upgrade, it is a beast of a machine and nice to have a new turn key lathe. I know a number of other people that have this lathe and they all love this one. Look forward to hearing/seeing more about your new addition to the machine orphanage. Well help as needed.
Mark

Nez great upgrade, it is a beast of a machine and nice to have a new turn key lathe. I know a number of other people that have this lathe and they all love this one. Look forward to hearing/seeing more about your new addition to the machine orphanage. Well help as needed.
Mark

Thanks, Mark.

Slowly changing the image, used to be "used machine orphanage" to quote you from days gone by..... lol.

Let me know when you are ready to move machines around in your shop. I want to help. Congrats

Jeff,

Will do.

For the grunt work to pick it up from carrier (according to Matt the lathe is too heavy for lift gate) and place it in the garage, I have requested quotes from 2 rigging companies in Austin. They both came up with almost identical pricing - 1500. Will ask other companies.

I can certainly use your help when the day comes, thanks.

Is that set up and leveling and all, or just hauling a crate to the garage? Seems a little bit high, usually about half of that or less from what I hear, but it varies a lot around the country. If it was me, I would rent a forklift which around here goes for about $300 / day with delivery, but it all depends if you are comfortable with using one. The riggers are insured, but its pretty easy to handle with a forklift too.

No leveling just, uncrate, set base and set lathe on top. They haul out the crating.

Back