PM1440TV V Ways

I went with F5, too. Got a roll of it from McMaster and it will likely last three lifetimes.

This reminds me & since we're supposed to be quarantined, I think I'll replace mine tomorrow. I probably change mine out more often than necessary but whatever, can't hurt, & I have enough of it on hand. I still haven't used up the first sheet I got from Mcmaster yet. The roll is so much more convenient to use. :)

This reminds me & since we're supposed to be quarantined, I think I'll replace mine tomorrow. I probably change mine out more often than necessary but whatever, can't hurt, & I have enough of it on hand. I still haven't used up the first sheet I got from Mcmaster yet. The roll is so much more convenient to use. :)

I've been meaning to try my Kiridashi the next time I have to make wipers. Only problem is I can't find it! It was around here someplace ... :( I had it with the punches I made for the screw holes so I lost that, too.

Getting old sucks!!!

I've been meaning to try my Kiridashi the next time I have to make wipers. Only problem is I can't find it! It was around here someplace ... :( I had it with the punches I made for the screw holes so I lost that, too.

Getting old sucks!!!

Didn't know whether to give you a lol or sad face. I went with the haha cause I can relate. And I'm not even old yet so I must have it really bad coming for me! :( :D

Working on the lathe this morning noticed the shine on the front V way. I wiped off the oil as I thought it was just oil. No, it is actually a shine.

In turned around and look at the old baby Jet, 90s vintage 1024. I don't see any obvious shine, streak on it.

Don't know if I should be worried about the new lathe, don't really know it is an issue or not.

Yes, the PM1440TV is well oiled. One thing I know for sure, I am replacing those rubber way wipers on the PM1440TV.

View attachment 317759View attachment 317760
Hopefully i,m not jumping in here, but you guys with the Jet 1440 may be able to answer a question for me. I have had in my shop a Morton 1440, I,ve had it close to 30 years, the guy I bought it from had it about 8 I think,,,, so question is,,, is the Morton, a father of the jet, as it is exaclty like the jet, and in fact my well worn parts book is picture perfect to the Jet item. If your jets are made to the same quality as my Morton, your in for a happy free turning future. When leveled up , beds are still in perfect alignment, carrage way worm is a slight bit sloppy but I,ll turn up a newy in the next couple of weeks.

Back