Pm25 power z axis

Thank you all for your help and suggestions, I will contact LMM and ck on 704

Thanks all, believe it or not, I went to the link for the grizzly, found the installation instructions, located the company name that made the power lift, Priest Tools. I spoke to Greg Priest. You should just click on the Precision Matthews link, because I make one specifically for the Precision Matthews pm25 he said! That was easy! I told him I was like a kid in a candy shop. I just ordered it. Now we'll see how it does, it should be just fine. Thanks again to everyone! This should make using the machine so much easier for me.

Well, I got my delivery today, I purchased to power supply enclosure also. It all went together easily. I'm kind of meticulous, so it took me about 50 minutes. When I finished, I plugged it in, hit the switch, and up and down it went. I thought I was in heaven! ( if you knew how bad the pain in my shoulders was, you'd understand) and if Greg Priest knew, he could have charged me double! . Im happier than a pig in sh#@

Well that was quick. Glad you like it.
I had rotator cuff surgery at about age 49. Before the surgery I couldn't even get my arm up to brush my teeth. Long recovery after surgery but it sure feels good.

I hear so many horror stories about the surgery that I keep putting it off. Of course, everybody told me horror stories about getting married 45 yrs. ago, but I did that anyway. Im gonna have to get it done, its both sides and its even tough sleeping.

Anyway, back to this power lift. I love it, I'd buy it again. But I personally would have done one minor modification if I were to have the installation to do over again. In fact, I might take it apart someday and do it regardless of it working fine.

There is a two piece hub with an allen set screw on each one. One half goes on the dc motor shaft, which has a flat on its shaft and the other one goes on the lead screw after removing the nut. If I had to do it over again before I put that Hub over the threaded lead screw shaft, I would drill and tap the Hub for one more Allen set screw and double up on them. The hubs are connected to each other with a rubber spider that helps ease shock and prevent the two hubs from wearing against each other. It seems a big task for that one little set screw to hold rotation against that lead screw thread for the Z axis. Time will tell I suppose, and either way, adding one more or even two set screws, 120 degrees apart is no big deal. I am very happy a pre-made solution to cranking that damned Z axis was available. Thanks Greg!

Back