PM30 One-Shot Oiler System

rafprecision

Mitch Royals
Registered
Hey guys,
I recently completed a "one-shot" oiler system install on my PM30 Bench Top Mill.
Decided to go with Bijur metering valves, junction blocks, 4mm nylon and brass tubing, and other misc 4mm (5/32") fittings.
However, I opted not to purchase the Bijur "one-shot" oiler, instead, I found a "similar" unit on Amazon for a lot less $$$$! :)

Here are some pics ...

1592760792724.png

1592760924129.png

1592761035497.png

1592761150053.png

1592761260455.png

1592761344307.png

1592761420800.png

Adding a "one-shot" oiler system to my PM1340GT's quick-change gear box, is in the "works" !!!
I plan to incorporate the Bijur components as well ...

1592762715801.png

Some links for items purchased...

Bijur components:

One-Shot Oiler (Note: The 'HP-5R' model is "left-hand", the 'HP-5L' model is "right-hand"):

Ball oiler replacement fittings (had to machine some threaded brass inserts, to replace the ball oilers)...

4mm (5/32") Brass tube bender (worked out pretty well)...

I did a one-shot oiling system on my CO 9x40 and it worked very well. I suspect the OP's will work just fine. :encourage:

Very cool! I have been wanting to do this on my PM-932. What are the large holes in the back of the saddle and did you drill and slot the smaller holes for the lube system or were they already there?

It looks exemplary! Come to that, the machine, and it's surroundings look almost "clinical", as if chips have to make their way to the bin by themselves - or else!

I am thinking you would have had to to bleed all those, just like hydraulic lines.
Very nice build!

It looks exemplary! Come to that, the machine, and it's surroundings look almost "clinical", as if chips have to make their way to the bin by themselves - or else!

I am thinking you would have had to to bleed all those, just like hydraulic lines.
Very nice build!

No you don't have to bleed the lines, because it's a open not closed system. You just pull the handle on the one-shot until oil starts coming out of the ways a go to it. :)

That looks great just what I want to do! 2 questions for you, do you oil your ballnut with your oiler and where do you purchase the manifold? Great job!

That looks great, I need to add that to my to-do list for my Grizzly G0755...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

@rafprecision - Really nice work! Assuming all is good with this installation, how is the reliability of the Amazon hand pump? Has it held up to normal use?

Hey guys,
I recently completed a "one-shot" oiler system install on my PM30 Bench Top Mill.
Decided to go with Bijur metering valves, junction blocks, 4mm nylon and brass tubing, and other misc 4mm (5/32") fittings.
However, I opted not to purchase the Bijur "one-shot" oiler, instead, I found a "similar" unit on Amazon for a lot less $$$$! :)
Here are some pics ...
View attachment 328357
View attachment 328358
View attachment 328359
View attachment 328360
View attachment 328361
View attachment 328362
View attachment 328363
Adding a "one-shot" oiler system to my PM1340GT's quick-change gear box, is in the "works" !!!
I plan to incorporate the Bijur components as well ...
View attachment 328364
Some links for items purchased...
Bijur components:
One-Shot Oiler (Note: The 'HP-5R' model is "left-hand", the 'HP-5L' model is "right-hand"):
Ball oiler replacement fittings (had to machine some threaded brass inserts, to replace the ball oilers)...
4mm (5/32") Brass tube bender (worked out pretty well)...

Back