PM45 CNC 4th axis 6" rotary table issues

zr8cnc

Active User
Registered
I purchased a 6" rotary table 4th axis with my PM45 CNC mill. I recently tried to use the table and noticed that the table had free play on the axial shaft. I turned the table over to see the spanner style nut on the bottom of the table and proceeded to adjust the the nut in hopes of snugging the table up. With just the slightest torque on the nut the table will not even turn. Today I disassembled the table from the base to inspect the components. Unfortunately this is my first rotary table and it looks pretty straight forward but I do not know if a washer is missing or something as I do not have a schematic. Also I was shocked to see that there was no bearings holding the shaft in alignment. Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

IMG_20140806_125749040.jpg IMG_20140806_125759851.jpg IMG_20140806_125805527.jpg

If yours is built like mine, the worm gear held in a cam bushing that is adjusted by rotating. This is just behind the dial, between the dial and the case. It should have some kind of locking screw that is easily accessible, then rotate by hand to adjust. I can adjust mine to zero lash and everything still turns freely.

If yours is built like mine, the worm gear held in a cam bushing that is adjusted by rotating. This is just behind the dial, between the dial and the case. It should have some kind of locking screw that is easily accessible, then rotate by hand to adjust. I can adjust mine to zero lash and everything still turns freely.

+1 with what Jim said, that's exactly how mine is as well, loosen that little T handle and rotate the motor will do what you want.:))

AIR_20140806_00002.jpg

AIR_20140806_00002.jpg

my issue is that the table rocks on its axis. I am not referring to the backlash. the shaft that fits in the center hole is loose and the table rocks

+1 with what Jim said, that's exactly how mine is as well, loosen that little T handle and rotate the motor will do what you want.:))

View attachment 81550

Back