Pm727m and face milling

I believe it has a 1/2” shank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one on the way.

Dangnabbit.... Mikey, you know how to spend my money, albeit wisely. That Tormach Superfly looks awesome and I can now see myself having one. I watched the NYC CNC video and it is incredible, although it sounds like a shield to contain chips would be in order.

Mine's on the way, too. Been itching to spend a little money.

Mike, you always come through! Thanks. I guess.

Regards

Im still trying to decide, lol... i seen an Accurize 2" 5 flute face mill and its all one piece. It takes the APKT inserts also.

Dangnabbit.... Mikey, you know how to spend my money, albeit wisely. That Tormach Superfly looks awesome and I can now see myself having one. I watched the NYC CNC video and it is incredible, although it sounds like a shield to contain chips would be in order.

Mine's on the way, too. Been itching to spend a little money.

Mike, you always come through! Thanks. I guess.

Regards

Guys, think about it. If you have to square a work piece, do you really want to gnaw away at it with an end mill like PacMan? Why do that when you can cut out to a 6" wide swath in one go and produce a much nicer surface finish that is as accurate as your tram? The Superfly will repay its cost in end mills, time and aggravation, trust me. On the other hand, if you often work with smaller work pieces or need to cut a ledge then the Sherline, being essentially a single insert face mill that costs all of $73.00, is a very good tool to own.

Personally, I think you should have both flycutters. Come on, you know you want them ... :clown:

Guys, think about it. If you have to square a work piece, do you really want to gnaw away at it with an end mill like PacMan? Why do that when you can cut out to a 6" wide swath in one go and produce a much nicer surface finish that is as accurate as your tram? The Superfly will repay its cost in end mills, time and aggravation, trust me. On the other hand, if you often work with smaller work pieces or need to cut a ledge then the Sherline, being essentially a single insert face mill that costs all of $73.00, is a very good tool to own.

Personally, I think you should have both flycutters. Come on, you know you want them ... :clown:

Don’t let me a bad influence but mine is on its way

I bought this Accusize 3" a few months ago to surface a 12"x12" aluminum plate on my 833TV. I've been pretty darned impressed although I've not tried some of the other, better, tools mentioned in this thread.

Back