PM833t Blew my gearbox tonight anyone convert these to belt drive?

He's got more patience than me. Running a business, I'd have replaced it long ago and moved on, instead of expecting a hobby machine to hold up under constant use.

Boy that was stupid of me but showed up as an unread post for some strange reason. I read this forum every day, but only the new posts. Not sure what happened but this one would have been way down the list?
CH

Don't feel bad COMachinist. The email notification with this website has some errors. There will be times that I don't get any emails only to find out there has been 20 replies since I was on.

There is a whole lot more to this than was written a couple years back. Someone named "Glenn Edward" isn't even a customer of ours. The person who made these videos doesn't use his real name for some reason, but its the internet, oh well.

The 3600 RPM Replacement motor at 75HZ is 4500RPM on the motor, when the original is 1800RPM. And thats just what is in the one video, I am sure it was pushed much faster than that. He did a lot of nice upgrades and pushed the heck out of the machine, but its not like it had a problem at anywhere near factory speeds. There is so much more to this one. Waiting on parts, well someone emailed and said they needed parts, email address was different than the original order (Which I know now, but had no idea who it was at the time) and came through with a different name than he ordered the machine under. Tried to get in touch a few times, over 2 months later he finally replied back. That was the delay, it wasn't months to get parts once we had the actual order. Oh well its the internet, old news and no problem with the customer, but since this came up and people will see it, I just had to clear it up. Nowhere near what it seems.

That's understandable, I actually just did that to the company I bought a 3d printer through. They owed me an extruder because the one they sent me wasnt printing properly out of the box but it was still manageable so I kind of ignored my responsiblity of sending them my purchase info and address. Two months later I sent them the info and got my extruder and ptfe tubes within a few days from china via DHL i believe.

Not proud of the situation but it definitely happens hahah.

Back