PM932 CNC Build

Nice:)) I are still lurking waiting for my ballscrews that are hung up in customs:angry:

Bill, next time tell them not to mark the package "Radioactive" !!!!!!!!

Jbolt
on the mach3 support site there are post processors here: http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/cam-post-processors/
it may say mach2 but that's fine it should work there are 2 that say hsm
Nice Work on the handles
steve

HSM comes with a Mach2 & 3 post processor My problem has been the learning curve of the program (and impatience on my part). I have a difficult time understanding new concepts just by reading when I have no background to pull from. I learn better by example.

It amazes me sometimes how the simplest tasks are the most difficult to figure out how to do. I must have spent 4 hours trying to create the tool paths for a double step down on one straight edge of a part. I could get the first step to work but not the second. Hours of searching and reading yielded nothing. I finally gave up and wrote the code by hand in less than 10 minutes.

BBWWWAAAAAAAA!!! My controller pc died in the middle of a parts run that needs to be done by Monday. :angry:. Something on the MB or CPU is toast.

Last year I purged most of my spare PC parts and kept this box because it had been reliable. Now I have to scrabble to get something put together to get these parts done by Monday. I have new Zotac mini-itx MB I was saving to use to run a remote weather site. All it needs is a CPU and a stick of memory. I ordered those from NewEgg yesterday and expedited the shipping. The memory will be here today. The CPU got miss-labeled and is on its way to Pennsylvania!!!!!! Hopefully NewEgg will come through on correcting the situation.

I have a spare laptop I could scrape and reload the OS but it only runs properly on Vista or win 7, no proper drivers for XP. I'm leery due to all the problems I've read about trying to run mach3 on a laptop. Fortunately I had backed up my Mach3 settings.

Sometimes I really hate technology.

J~

BBWWWAAAAAAAA!!! My controller pc died in the middle of a parts run that needs to be done by Monday. :angry:. Something on the MB or CPU is toast.

Last year I purged most of my spare PC parts and kept this box because it had been reliable. Now I have to scrabble to get something put together to get these parts done by Monday. I have new Zotac mini-itx MB I was saving to use to run a remote weather site. All it needs is a CPU and a stick of memory. I ordered those from NewEgg yesterday and expedited the shipping. The memory will be here today. The CPU got miss-labeled and is on its way to Pennsylvania!!!!!! Hopefully NewEgg will come through on correcting the situation.

I have a spare laptop I could scrape and reload the OS but it only runs properly on Vista or win 7, no proper drivers for XP. I'm leery due to all the problems I've read about trying to run mach3 on a laptop. Fortunately I had backed up my Mach3 settings.

Sometimes I really hate technology.

J~

You're in Silicon Valley, there has got to be some parts around. There is always the quick run to the corner Fry's.

You're in Silicon Valley, there has got to be some parts around. There is always the quick run to the corner Fry's.

You would think. Unfortunately I need an older"ish" CPU for the board I have. I may have tracked one down, I'll know in the morning. My CS experience today with Newegg was absolutely unbelievable. Enough so I will never do business with them in the future.

You would think. Unfortunately I need an older"ish" CPU for the board I have. I may have tracked one down, I'll know in the morning. My CS experience today with Newegg was absolutely unbelievable. Enough so I will never do business with them in the future.
What CPU do you need?

Back