PM932 Noisy motor? At less-than 60Hz

Djl338

Registered
Registered
I have a PM932 with a 3-phase motor from PM and a Teco VFD running it. Below 60Hz, and I mean 58Hz and below it's a little noisy like a clanking sound. Runs fine quiet-ish above 60Hz. Just wondering if that's normal. I did look in the case, nothing broken or obvious.

Might be your Group 2 motor parameters, did you set the correct motor parameters. Did you try to run auto tuning of the motor? It would need to be done static (02-07 = 1) unless there is a neutral gear selection. You should be running in SLV mode, not V/F.

To start auto tuning procedure in SLV mode:
- Set motor parameters 02-01 and 02-03~02-06,next set 02-07 to【1】to start the auto tune procedure.
- During the Auto tune the display will show AT and show END briefly when auto tune is completed then the
display will return back to show frequency.
- After a successful auto tune the motor test data is stored in parameters 02-08 and 02-09 and parameter 02-07 is
set back to 0.
Notes:
- Perform an auto tune whenever the motor is replaced.
- Auto tuning is not possible for applications with multiple motors connected to one inverter.
- Auto tune can be used on motors of similar size to the inverter or one size smaller. Make sure to set the correct
motor parameters.
- Parameters 02-00 ~ 02-06 are available both for V/F & SLV mode (Except parameter 02-02 V/f only).

Last edited:
Perhaps remove the belt and verify the noise is from the motor and not something in the machine rattling

Might be your Group 2 motor parameters, did you set the correct motor parameters. Did you try to run auto tuning of the motor? It would need to be done static (02-07 = 1) unless there is a neutral gear selection. You should be running in SLV mode, not V/F.

To start auto tuning procedure in SLV mode:
- Set motor parameters 02-01 and 02-03~02-06,next set 02-07 to【1】to start the auto tune procedure.
- During the Auto tune the display will show AT and show END briefly when auto tune is completed then the
display will return back to show frequency.
- After a successful auto tune the motor test data is stored in parameters 02-08 and 02-09 and parameter 02-07 is
set back to 0.
Notes:
- Perform an auto tune whenever the motor is replaced.
- Auto tuning is not possible for applications with multiple motors connected to one inverter.
- Auto tune can be used on motors of similar size to the inverter or one size smaller. Make sure to set the correct
motor parameters.
- Parameters 02-00 ~ 02-06 are available both for V/F & SLV mode (Except parameter 02-02 V/f only).
Thanks Mark, I did initially setup with auto tune, but I’ll recheck the servings and check the parameters you posted. Thanks much
david

Markba. No belt on this machine.as I mentioned on the initial post, went through the gearbox and looked at possible problems
thanks

Well, that was an easy fix, which for me is unusual. Went through all of the parameters, and some had changed since setup which I don’t understand. But it switched itself out of SLV mode into VLF ,changed that, reran auto tune and now purrs as much as that machine can purr! Clank-free at low freq.
Thanks guys!

Back