PM932-PDF Warranty Feedbox Cover Arrived

Ratz

Active User
Registered

Just an update for anybody following this thread.

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php?t=22195
<O:p</O:p

Matt at QMT came through. The feedbox cover and quill DRO arrived. I am glad I did not have to wait for the items with the machine down as it took three months. By no means was it Matt’s fault as the parts are coming from <st1:country-region w:st="on">China</st1:country-region> to US and then on to Canada<ST1:p</ST1:p.
For the Canadian owners of machinery, since the replacement is coming from <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:pChina</st1:country-region> and does not include invoice stating it is a warranty replacement part, the parts were subject to duty and taxes. Small change really, but I would hate to have a more expensive part replaced.
When I have some time I will take the PM942 cover off and transfer all the bits and pieces to the new one. I am curious about finding any difference in machining as the old piece of aluminum ruler glued to the front mating surface of the cover is still a mystery.
After some thinking about all the dirt and sand in the gears of my PM932, I now suspect the reason as to why my mill was worse than any other.
Not sure now where I got the information that after the mill is assembled, factory grinds and fills all the voids. Then the machine gets it’s final coat of paint. Since my mill as far as I know was the only one with the mysterious spacer, this created a gap on the top and bottom of the cover plate. Hence through this gap all the debris went into the power down feed gears.
So, for those owners, which appears to be most of them there is likely nothing to worry about. However, since I love machinery and tools I would check into it.
It appears that this machinery is like wine. The older it gets the better it is. :thumbsup:
Cheers to all,
Radek

Last edited:
Back