Pm935 Owners

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Those of you who put your mill on a base: How many of you put wheels on your base? Would you mind posting a pic or two? Need some ideas for a mobile base. Thanks.

Those of you who put your mill on a base: How many of you put wheels on your base? Would you mind posting a pic or two? Need some ideas for a mobile base. Thanks.

Here is my version which I borrowed the primary shape from other 935 mill owners.

I added the threaded rod with a welded nut on each corner so I could quickly level the base to keep it from moving using my portable drill or impact. It takes under a minute to lower the feet and level the base. The Albion casters roll very easily with the mill... in fact maybe too easily as I let the mill go and it kept rolling taking a needle valve off of the power draw bar from my ceiling lights!

I can get my toes under the front of the base if I need to lean in but I have also pulled up a stool and used the base as a foot rest which has been a bonus while doing some repetitive drilling.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453255803.919821.jpg

Bill, was your Charter Oaks mill base mobile? Sorry I can't remember but I recall it being stationary.

Duke, what???? You broke the power drawbar?:( Do you have the needle valve part number or do you need them? I think I have them written down and shoot them to you if needs be.

Mike.

Duke, what???? You broke the power drawbar?:( Do you have the needle valve part number or do you need them? I think I have them written down and shoot them to you if needs be.

Mike.

Mike, long since fixed. The draw bar still works like a champ! Thanks!

Mike: The stand on my 12z is mobile. Had a few inches added to the base when they built it. Table sits between 43" and 44" off the floor, which has been very comfortable for me.

Duker: Dude, that is a seriously stout base! That thing could probably hold up my Camaro if I could fit it on there. :)

Mike, long since fixed. The draw bar still works like a champ! Thanks!

Duke, glad to hear that you are still happy with the power drawbar and that you were able to get a needle valve replacement.

Mike.

Does anyone have bolt hole spacing for the base of the mill?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have bolt hole spacing for the base of the mill?
Be careful with that info. That is usually a non-precise operation at the factory 0n most mills, and the hole spacing can vary considerably from mill to mill.

Yea, that is exactly what Matt told me this morning.

The bolt hole centers on mine were the same as another member's 935 on here but I opted to wait until I received mine to drill the holes/fabricate the stand "just in case" as Matt told me the same thing, they may or may not be the same as the previous batch.

Mike.

Back