Pm935 Owners

Not a PM-935 - but here's what I did with my PM-932V. I used some really heavy duty (1200 pounds each) 6in diameter casters, fixed on the "back" side and swivel on the "front" side - and welded up a dolly that the mill base basically drops into. The base is bolted down to the dolly using the factory bolt holes. I just got the mill finally mounted up on the dolly this past weekend - and it seems to work good. I wanted something that would allow me to move it around the shop if I needed to, but fix it in place if needed. I have to turn the feet down by hand - but they give me a way to get the mill off the casters if needed.

jan-21-20161_zpslg3q9gm8.jpg

jan-21-20161%202_zpshhxvaozu.jpg

I'm trying to make the best use of space within the shop too - and when I looked at that base I saw a bunch of space that just needed something in it.

So I'm going to mount a Durham rack for the smaller sized containers into the base - I still have to weld up a bracket to mount it - but I ground out
the side opening and that is ready to go:

jan-21-2016-4_zpsbizw45al.jpg

Nice base! I can appreciate trying to incorporate storage wherever you can as I can barely move in my shop!

You must be either a Big true blue Miller fan to even paint what appears to be a HF cart to match or even more OCD about matching your garage color scheme than I am! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He - good eye! Yes that's an HF cart - it's what I keep all my welding stuff in - and I do have a Miller - a couple in fact. I picked up a 350P MIG setup a couple of years ago and I've got a Miller EconoTig that I've probably had for 20 years now (at least).

Bill, was your Charter Oaks mill base mobile? Sorry I can't remember but I recall it being stationary.

Duke, what???? You broke the power drawbar?:( Do you have the needle valve part number or do you need them? I think I have them written down and shoot them to you if needs be.

Mike.

Mike I've watched your youtube video on the power bar build and want to build one. The air actuator and parts, where did you get them if you don't mind me asking.

Mike I've watched your youtube video on the power bar build and want to build one. The air actuator and parts, where did you get them if you don't mind me asking.

The 3/8" butterfly I purchased from Harbor Freight, the pneumatic cylinder I bought off of eBay and the rest of the components (air line, needle valves, fittings,etc) I obtained from McMaster Carr.

Mike.

Has anyone any experience with the Mach1 tool changing system for those who are air compressor challenged?

The 3/8" butterfly I purchased from Harbor Freight, the pneumatic cylinder I bought off of eBay and the rest of the components (air line, needle valves, fittings,etc) I obtained from McMaster Carr.

Mike.
Thanks Mike. Does it matter the size/ diameter of ghe sir cylinder?

Has anyone any experience with the Mach1 tool changing system for those who are air compressor challenged?

I don't have any experience with the Mach1 tooling system but I do have the Ultron Snap Change system on my PM-932. I like it a lot. Both tooling systems are similar in how they work. The major difference is that the Mach1 system uses standard R8 collets whereas the Ultron system uses their proprietary collets.

Tom S.

Thanks Tom, I already have a nice set of Taiwan collets so I'll check into the Mach1 system.

Thanks Tom, I already have a nice set of Taiwan collets so I'll check into the Mach1 system.

From what I gathered on the Mach1 site the cost is about $1,500 which is the same as the Ultron set up. Ultron collets run about $100 to $125 each. A bit steep. Had I not got my Ultron system at a bargain price I would also be considering Mach1.

Tom S.

Back