PM935TV Zerk Fitting

Ouija

Registered
Registered
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I was active here. I remember that both of my machines have some oddball threads on certain parts. Anyway, I'm trying to replace the zerk fitting on the back of the milling machine head. It's hard to get my grease gun in there so I want to put a 45 or 90 degree fitting in it's place. It seems like another oddball size. The thread gage puts it at either 27 tpi or 1.10mm pitch, it is tapered, but it's too large in diameter to be a normal NPT size. The diameter is about 10mm. The old JET manual that was passed around a few years ago has a standard NPT size listed for that part but it appears to be wrong. Any of you ever replace one of these or know the correct size?

I've, in the past, if I couldn't actually replace a fitting, put a new thread in the hole and fit a proper fitting in it.

I've, in the past, if I couldn't actually replace a fitting, put a new thread in the hole and fit a proper fitting in it.

I've considered that, but that dramatically increases the cost, as I'd have to purchase a good tap in addition to a new zerk. I'd also prefer to avoid free hand drilling on a curved surface and potentially getting chips inside the head.

Last edited:
Good points, I had access to needed drills, taps fittings. That makes a difference.

Can you tell me in the current manual the page and item number of the fitting you are talking about?

Back