Pm950v Looking For Your Thoughts Please!

I think you will be happy you ordered from Quality Tool. I think the quality of their tools and service is some of the best in the business. I am very happy with my mill. I waited for mine, which was on top of a six month lie fest from Grizzly on a machine they still have not shipped any of, an that was over a year ago! It gives you this time to get ready for it and start buying tooling! I would start to buy what you can get so you are ready to work when they arrive. The unboxing is a rush.

Time for a mill and this one is a possibility.
Has anyone got one of these yet or have any experience with one? If so, I'd really like to hear what your thoughts are on them.
I'd assume coming from QMT they are great machines but it's always nice to hear from someone with hands on experience.

Hey I have my machines on the floor now. A 950V and 1440GT. They were delivered about the middle of January and every thing really looks and feels great. Unfortunately that is all I can say for now because my work schedule has kept me away. I do have most of the cosmoline off everything. With any luck I will get the wires pulled and get them powered up by the end of next week.

The mill is very robust and tall, compared to a Bridgeport. I will definitely need a step stool to reach the top of the head that I do not need with the BP. I will try to post more pictures once they are running.

Matt has been great to work with. He held the machines for me about a month until I could get home long enough to take delivery with no complaints.

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

Thanks James :eagerness:

I'm actually working with QMT right now on a new machine. I'm leaning towards the 950V but Matt has thrown another option my way that I'm considering.
Either way, I'm sure Matt will be getting more of my business. The customer support is second to none with QMT.

Lonnie and James,
You may also want to look into a factory installed inverter drive. They are very quiet and in my machine it was not significantly more than if I built it myself. Also the inverter motors come with an electric blower and usually have a much wider operating range of 20-200Hz. There are also a few more tricks you can do with VFD dives. I believe Matt also has some all Taiwanese mills patterned after the Lagun mills.
Mark

Struck up a deal with Matt on a different machine, a 9x49 Taiwan built VS. I will start my own thread, with pics, once I have it.

Thanks again James for posting up some pics for us.

Hey I have my machines on the floor now. A 950V and 1440GT. They were delivered about the middle of January and every thing really looks and feels great. Unfortunately that is all I can say for now because my work schedule has kept me away. I do have most of the cosmoline off everything. With any luck I will get the wires pulled and get them powered up by the end of next week.

The mill is very robust and tall, compared to a Bridgeport. I will definitely need a step stool to reach the top of the head that I do not need with the BP. I will try to post more pictures once they are running.

Matt has been great to work with. He held the machines for me about a month until I could get home long enough to take delivery with no complaints.
Any update on your mill? I ordered one, hoping to have it here this month. Haven't heard any reports on that mill but it looks like it should be a good one.

Hello,
I have been very happy with my machines.
My 950V mill is as solid as a rock and is really a big heavy machine. It is performing better or at the very least equal to the big name machines that I have used. The casting is very solid but not quite as refined as it could have been but only in a cosmetic sense and only in a few small areas. All of the mating areas are very smooth and fit together perfectly. The one thing that I didn't notice when I ordered it was that it has what appears to be a permanent riser built in which makes the darn thing very tall. I need a step to change collets, but on the bright side I have plenty of room to machine anything I could ever want.

Feel free to send me a PM or a phone number and I will tell you all about it.

IMG_0895.JPG

I have a 1340GT and 935TV both are good machines. I have had a few minor issues and have received excellent response from PM. Get the biggest machines you can afford, handle and have space for. Do the DRO and power feed install yourself to save significant dollars. Good luck.

In_the_Shop_2.jpg

Back