Pneumatic Collet Closer?

ACHiPo

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My new to me Graziano 12S came with a pneumatic collet closer. It clamps, but doesn't release unless I vent the line. There's quite a bit of hissing coming from the shuttle valve in some positions, so I suspect a leak in the valve. The hoses could use replacing, but I don't think they are preventing it releasing.

It appears to be a commercially made unit, and pretty well made at that. It has a little shiny label, but the printing is all worn off. I've looked online for information on something similar with no luck so far. I'm trying to find what pressure to set the regulator, as well as any information on troubleshooting operation.

The bearing retaining nut definitely needs to be replaced--the threads are in bad shape and the hole for the spanner is jimmied. The nut for the draw tube needs to be replaced as well--again thread issues. Making replacements will be a good "bonding" experience.;)

Any suggestions on where to look for information would be appreciated.
IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_0299.JPG
IMG_0297.JPG
IMG_0301.JPG

While I worked at the " Sunpapers " in Baltimore their BP clone had a pneumatic draw bar setup that was nothing more than a royal PITA . I tore the crap off and used a wrench , it wasn't out of reach . Kinda like these newer cars , the more you add , the more problems . JMO .

Back