Poor man’s Accufinish carbide lapping machine

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I need help.
I’m gathering components to build my own Glendo.
The pictures I am showing you is the way I received the 220 volt motor and controller.
I’m fine with 220!
Do I need to rearrange the pins?
Ulma Doc, are you going to the meeting tomorrow?
Thanks guys and gals.
JeffB9609F88-EE2A-476F-A9F3-06B43B64AB10.jpegCE9A1179-14FC-413B-BFEE-A898DBEE59F4.jpegB84D6D60-8F37-4F73-9E70-2C7BA1D1A3A0.jpeg

Do you need to arrange the pins for what purpose? What’s the question other than is Ulma doc going to the meeting?

Oh, sorry.
The kit came as you see it.
It seems to make no sense. The black - red - white - coming out of the controller have no corresponding color match with the exception of white.
Do I assume the pins are matched regardless of the schematic?
I have no way of checking, I'm an idiot with electrical components.
Not my strong point.

The green wire from the controller is a dead end

Curious about the motor. I have been looking for one to run a shop made power feed for the mill. That may be just the ticket.

This doesn’t give me any confidence either.
I don’t want to fry the dam thing.D6A7A5C0-7C3F-4F26-8D79-3F8C4A35088A.jpeg

I see what your saying the green blue and yellow arnt matching the diagram. Idk have you tried powering it up or do wires need to be attached to box in the third pic? From the diagram on box the green isn’t connected to anything. I hear ya on frying something. Ulma doc seems to be fluent in electrical so might wanna just wait

Curious about the motor. I have been looking for one to run a shop made power feed for the mill. That may be just the ticket.
It was pretty cheap. Obviously.
If it works I’ll share the source and pricing.
The RPM range allows no pulleys. I can attach the diamond discs to a plate attached to the motor.
The gear reduction puts it at 450 at full load.
Perfect for the diamond lapping discs in my experience.

Last edited:
I see what your saying the green blue and yellow arnt matching the diagram. Idk have you tried powering it up or do wires need to be attached to box in the third pic? From the diagram on box the green isn’t connected to anything. I hear ya on frying something. Ulma doc seems to be fluent in electrical so might wanna just wait
Mike is my man.
Calling Ulma Doc.......

Look at the symbols and match them up I would think! The white is correct through both connetor ends but the other dont look to be correct. Now i dont speak mandarin or any of the other dialects but I can match symbols if they are the same and they are, only in different spots! The left most blue and the blue to the left of yellow should be swapped ect.

Last edited:
Back