Popsocket Phone Holder for Joy Unite Articulated Arm

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
While my Ender 3 Pro was busy on this today, I decided to design a home for my phone on the desk. I have a Joy Unite Articulated Arm clamped to my desk but the accessory to hold anything in the end is missing. It's a 20mm ball and socket configuration. If you aren't familiar with Popsockets, it probably was all the rage at some point. My son talked me into getting one of the car holders and a popsocket for the back of my phone. They are actually pretty convenient for grasping your phone securely and for mounting in the car. After taking a close look at the car holder, I figured I could model up an accessory in Fusion 360 with a 20mm ball and put the Joy to good use.

Below photo is the printed accessory mounted to the the 20mm socket mount. Fusion 360 design in the background.

IMG-5781.JPG

Better view of the mounted accessory. This required supports under the open u-shaped area. The ball pillar was printed without supports. Took about 1hr50m.

IMG-5783.JPG

The one thing cell phones can't do is take selfies of themselves - AI has a ways to go yet before the robots take over the world!

While my Ender 3 Pro was busy on this today, I decided to design a home for my phone on the desk. I have a Joy Unite Articulated Arm clamped to my desk but the accessory to hold anything in the end is missing. It's a 20mm ball and socket configuration. If you aren't familiar with Popsockets, it probably was all the rage at some point. My son talked me into getting one of the car holders and a popsocket for the back of my phone. They are actually pretty convenient for grasping your phone securely and for mounting in the car. After taking a close look at the car holder, I figured I could model up an accessory in Fusion 360 with a 20mm ball and put the Joy to good use.

Below photo is the printed accessory mounted to the the 20mm socket mount. Fusion 360 design in the background.

Better view of the mounted accessory. This required supports under the open u-shaped area. The ball pillar was printed without supports. Took about 1hr50m.

The one thing cell phones can't do is take selfies of themselves - AI has a ways to go yet before the robots take over the world!
I trust you made up a half-a-dozen of them for Christmas gifts. :grin:

Back