porch pirates

Call them what they are, Porch Thief's. Pirates generally have more work, and risk involved in what they rob.

A gang of young offenders were apprehended here a couple of years ago and were found to have a street map of the area with every dog owning home marked. Those were the houses they avoided.
BUT, as we all know the law only protects those who break it so nothing happened to them.
My belief system is that those who choose to disobey they laws of the society they live in have forfeited any right of protection those laws would have given them.

In a lot of states over here, the thieves get more protection than the victims, not to mention they can sue you. Years ago I saw a story
about a thief that tried to enter a building through a ventilator and fell. Successfully sued the owner of the building for damages!!!

"Course you could move to Texas. Friend of my wife lived down there for a few years. They had a prowler one night outside the house
and called the police. The officer's advice was: "Now, if you have to kill somebody, just make sure they're inside the house before you
call us."

Back