Possible motor for mill

Hmmm, maybe not going to do it.

Curiously (as I was doinking around in the dim light with my tape measure after dinner thinking well maybe 14, maybe 14 and a half...) there is a teeny sticker on the top of the frame that says “Maximum Lift Range 0 - 14-3/8”) :rolleyes: That’s clear space between the bottom of the ram and top surface of the supporting blocks, so if you needed to slide a solid brick of something in there that would be the max size. That wouldn’t take into account if there was potential to poke part of, say, a shaft through a hole in the supporting blocks to gain some extra range.

I’m not familiar enough with what the pressee looks like but I’m sure you are. Would be worth a careful evaluation to see if an inch or two could be stolen from somewhere depending on creativity of setup. Might be close.

-frank

Haha, never heard that one before, that's a good one! That will go perfect with my EBI (eye ball indicator), maybemeter, or might gauge.

You heard it here first! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well colour me embarrassed...:oops:
In post 76 above I said this "Long story made only somewhat short, my replacement drive bearings are the wrong size inner bore so I didn’t replace them."

Preparing to order new bearings I look at my receipt to see just what I ordered. Hmm looks like I ordered a pair of sealed 6009Z bearings... what the heck is going on?
Trot on out to the shop, get the bearings out of the drawer and look at the box.
Hmm they are what I ordered. What the heck? Wait why are both boxes unopened?
Why is one of the spindle bearings boxes open?
Oh that's because on Sunday I picked up the spindle bearings instead of the drive bearings so of course they didn't fit...
DavidR8 is a duffus!!!

Haha, good to know I'm not the only one that suffers from CRS (can't remember schmoo) & DHC (don't have a clue) from time to time.

"Don't you love it when a plan comes together?" Yes it was planned, don't tell anyone otherwise. You had planned to take the weekend off & install the bearings during the week. ;)

And a cunning plan it was!

Back