[Documentation] Poster Size Decimal Equivalent / Tap Drill Chart

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My BetterHalf mentioned a sale at Walgreens Photo to me this afternoon. (Which unfortunately ends tonight...)
So I sat down and knocked out a chart based loosely on the Starrett style.
I just picked up an 11x14 and it turned out pretty well.
Hopefully it might be easier to view in the shop, on a wall, without needing magnification. :grin:
-=- LINK for the 11x14 -=-

I also noticed a few minutes ago that they also offer an 11.5x17 Laminated Placemat, so I enlarged the 11x14.
The placemat would have to be ordered and shipped so needless to say I have not seen any results personally. The 11x14 was available for pickup at the local store so that is all I've see first hand.
-=- LINK for the 11.5x17 -=-

Please Note, the metric section might be incorrect in regards to other charts. I used (6) for reference and not all of them were in agreement with each other.
Since the sale is ending tonight I was in a rush to get it done and ordered to see if it turned out OK.

Decimal-Eqiv_Chart-2018_11x14_Aitch-03d.jpg 11x14
Decimal-Eqiv_Chart-2018_11.5x17_Aitch-01a.jpg11.5x17

Mostly any reputable tool sales company will give you that chart in a 2ft by 3ft size if you buy from them and ask for them . ;) I have them from back in the late 70's and I just can't part with them ! Maybe I'll need to use them one day . :rolleyes: :grin:

My lathe came with a bunch of original craftsman 2'x3' charts with lots of information on them. One chart is all about grinding tooling. Another has all of the common dimensions including drill sizes for threading both metric and imperial threads. They were all stored neatly in the original shipping tube. I refer to them frequently.

Mostly any reputable tool sales company will give you that chart in a 2ft by 3ft size if you buy from them and ask for them . ;) I have them from back in the late 70's and I just can't part with them ! Maybe I'll need to use them one day . :rolleyes::grin:
I too had a bunch from my days of buying tooling and machines. All nicely stashed in a 3" dia. tube waiting for the day when I got a shop.
Then the basement flooded...

I haven't had to use these charts in quite a while but I just can't seem to part with the older stuff in the shop . :) I look at the stuff and it brings back good memories of days gone by . I wonder if the numbers are still correct on account of inflation ? ;):grin:

The resolution seems a bit low, perhaps the image upload has resized it.

Stu

My BetterHalf mentioned a sale at Walgreens Photo to me this afternoon. (Which unfortunately ends tonight...)
So I sat down and knocked out a chart based loosely on the Starrett style.
I just picked up an 11x14 and it turned out pretty well.
Hopefully it might be easier to view in the shop, on a wall, without needing magnification. :grin:
-=- LINK for the 11x14 -=-

I also noticed a few minutes ago that they also offer an 11.5x17 Laminated Placemat, so I enlarged the 11x14.
The placemat would have to be ordered and shipped so needless to say I have not seen any results personally. The 11x14 was available for pickup at the local store so that is all I've see first hand.
-=- LINK for the 11.5x17 -=-

Please Note, the metric section might be incorrect in regards to other charts. I used (6) for reference and not all of them were in agreement with each other.
Since the sale is ending tonight I was in a rush to get it done and ordered to see if it turned out OK.

View attachment 280014 11x14
View attachment 28001511.5x17
Nice work, Dan.

Did you ever finish the DRO on your mill?

Regards,
Terry

Nice work, Dan.

Did you ever finish the DRO on your mill?

Regards,
Terry
Thanks Terry!
Nope, the 'Z' scale is still wrapped in a towel and is tucked in, laying on the back of my computer work bench inside.
Seems that the 'Wish List' and the 'To-Do List' never ever align together.
As far as the DRO goes, I've been very happy with it.

Thanks Terry!
Nope, the 'Z' scale is still wrapped in a towel and is tucked in, laying on the back of my computer work bench inside.
Seems that the 'Wish List' and the 'To-Do List' never ever align together.
As far as the DRO goes, I've been very happy with it.
Me, too! The 2-axis unit I put on my lathe has been great. My mill has a 2-axis on it, but for the price, I thought about getting a new 3-axis. Glad I didn't because I recently ran into a great bargain on a older model Vectrax mill that only had about a year's operating use in a home shop. It has 2-axis with a Mitutoyo z- read on it. ETA to pick it up is Monday through Wednesday this coming week.

Not buying the 3-axis is one instance where I'm glad the to-do list got in the way of ordering.

Regards,
Terry

Go here and create an account, They will not spam your email. I hardly get anything from them. then go to order printed Literature. They have a 2' x3' poster plus various other items you can order FREE and no shipping charge.
Oh did I mention it is all free to your door?

Back