2015 POTD Thread Archive

Mark, What kind of insert holder are those and where did he get them?

Mark, What kind of insert holder are those and where did he get them?

They were made by Sandvik. I don't know the model number,( it is probably printed on them). but I have seen them on ebay also. I don't know where he got them but he gave me a bunch of tooling like drills and reamers and these to do a little machining job for him. They mount in different types of holders made by the manufacturer, but I thought they would work great for the tool holder I made ( and they did).

Got around to finishing my mini DRO's (I made three, each with a different magnet arrangement on the bottom to be sure I don't run into a situation where they cannot be used.)

:cheerful:That's a lovely job there JW . Now all you have to do is sort out that godawful noise that your lathe is making ... ;):D

here is the picture I promised of my scale mounted on the front of the cross slide, atlas put the gib screws on wrong... would have been much nicer with a tapered gib setup
scalepic.jpg

nice clean job. are you going to make a shield for it to keep the cuttings and swarf from getting on it? it'd be a good idea as it appears to be dead under the cutting tool. . .

nice clean job. are you going to make a shield for it to keep the cuttings and swarf from getting on it? it'd be a good idea as it appears to be dead under the cutting tool. . .
I was wondering the same thing. It is going to get hit with all the cuttings and fluids and stuff. A shield may be a necessity here.

Nice job though. And looks good

Last time I used it I would just put a piece of cardboard over it, like is aid it's not even mounted anymore, I took it off for a job and said, do I wanna put that back on? Nah

They were made by Sandvik. I don't know the model number,( it is probably printed on them). but I have seen them on ebay also. I don't know where he got them but he gave me a bunch of tooling like drills and reamers and these to do a little machining job for him. They mount in different types of holders made by the manufacturer, but I thought they would work great for the tool holder I made ( and they did).

If you can find the numbers on them I would appreciate it. The ones I find are to large for my holders.

If you can find the numbers on them I would appreciate it. The ones I find are to large for my holders.
I have several of the large ones, but they are too big for my use. If someone with a big lathe can use them, I will give them to them.

Back