2017 POTD Thread Archive

I brought home this baby and got her unloaded in the shop. 16x54 Monarch.

Now yer talkin' ! :applause:

The texture on the wall (background) required a double take. Quonset type building w/ spray on foam?

I brought home this baby and got her unloaded in the shop. 16x54 Monarch.
Wow, that is awesome? Looks like a pretty nice hoist there too? Will you need to run the lathe with a rotary converter?
Cheers
Martin

Catching up on over due house punch list items (water heater, and exterior painting) while still recovering, but as far as shop time, We got the Dmax serviced and installed cooling fans on the shop tunes cabinet.

Oil/filter service, rotated tires, rotated batteries, serviced the Amp research power steps and general under carriage inspection.

IMG_0767.JPG
The SAE rack system tends to run a bit on the warm side requiring the glass doors to remain open with a shop fan blowing on the system resulting in dusting.
The larger (fans) openings where located where the two amps are stacked. The smaller opening is for a controller.
IMG_0773.JPG
The fans come with USB connection for "daisy chaining" for simple connection. The controller can control up to six fans and comes with a temp probe.
IMG_0774.JPG
Back in business, and cranking tunes.
IMG_0776.JPG
Pretty clean and easy to use/program. In the past, the cabinet temp would run in the 120•F range. I wanted to paint the cabinet red and use a snap-on badge on it, but my son talked me out of it.
IMG_0778.JPG
These are at the other end of the system. At 8' high and 36' apart, these Klipsch Cornwalls really provide a sound stage quality to the work place.
IMG_0779.JPG IMG_0781.JPG
Happy Easter to all.

Jeeper-

I though I felt an earthquake here in CLT. It must have been when you set that down!
Robert

Nice, I could use a better system, right now I have an old alarm clock radio but mine is a single car garage

That's a very nice shop sound system Paco. Mike

Thanks Mike,
I traded some labor for the vintage SAE system a few years ago. They came in original boxes/foam and pepper work with consecutive S/N's. The Klipsch Cornwall speakers (1982) where gifted by a long time friend. They where in bad shape with water stains and cat damage. The very first project done in this shop was restoring the speakers which included new capacitors for the crossovers as well as cabinet sanding/refinish. The grill cloth was sourced on eBay as was one missing badge. My buddy was heading to the dump with them before stopping in and seeing if I wanted them. Truth be told, I almost refused them at the time. Did I mentioned how bad they looked and smelled. You get the picture...Anyway, fast forward, my buddy has visited numerous times since and can't believe they are the same pair (looks and sounds).
Two A502 amps (bridged) can produce 600W, however the most I have cranked it has been 25W and the neighbors start to arrive heheh. Almost a sin for a shop system, but I spend most of time there.
Peace

Will you need to run the lathe with a rotary converter?
Cheers
Martin
Yep going with another American rotary. Probably a 10 horse unit, but need to verify the monarch's motor size before I order.

Back