2018 POTD Thread Archive

There's no question that the fuel injection makes them more user friendly, just scares me to think of it quitting in the middle of no where. Duct tape and hay wire isn't going to get it home. I think thats the same machine I have Franco but they call them a TRX up here. Went for the manual shift as well. Don't think they offer 2 wheel drive up here.
I've had Mercury's Evinrude's and Marniner's R J, they all served me well. We had a Firestone 3 hp when I was a kid, must have put thousands of hours on that thing.
My 20 some year old 3 hp 2 stoke mercury was getting tired so bought a 2.4 mercury four stroke last fall. Sure a lot quieter and doesn't vibrate the aluminum canoe the same. Need to take it in and get it checked out though, it doesn't start as nice as it should.

Greg

Greg, mine is a TRX420-TM

I have a Force 40 hp on my 16' Tracker. It has been a great engine.

I don't think there are many vehicles less than 15 years old that don't have solid state modules. Personally, I'd probably be about the same screwed 40 miles out in the middle of nowhere no matter what kind of set up it was. My late 90s Caravan had computers in it and it wasn't fuel injected. I know it had computers because I had to purchase two of them after about 110K miles.

Last edited:
I use one of the old tool post knurlers to do that with. Seems to work but f have to press a little hard it will leave a knurl pattern on it. Have though of taking the knurls out an putting in just regular bearings but still have to get some. (keep forgetting to write the size down, and look some up, thus never got done. ) But it does work., I kind of like yours also. Question do you leave it loose on the QCTP, I do that with the knurler and it floats a bit as needed.

Back