POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

@woodchucker yea it is an 8530. The close ins are on both sides. For coolant in the future. I got the turret stop with the Lathe. It takes a bit to set up but it works. I also got where i can part off good as well. Nice and slow.
I have been using my mist coolant quite a bit lately. as a matter of fact, I have new plumbing to run, Wish I had those ends.. I 'll have to make them.
I find it to be an advantage over oil. Only on 12L14 or other free machining do I fall back to oil.. Both the ends and turret stop are nice... thanks.

I had some down time in the shop so I decided to swap the worn out 12" 3 jaw chuck off of the lathe and put the new one on. In my younger years I would just man handle it off and the new one on. Not anymore. Work smarter not harder. Fork lift to the rescue.
GOPR5813.JPG
GOPR5814.JPGGOPR5820.JPG
Not bad. About 2.5 thousands run out on the new 12" Gator chuck.
GOPR5818.JPG

A little while back i posted when I tore this saw apart, sandblasted it yesterday and gave it a custom grey paint job today, Had a half litre of black, added a half litre of white two part urethane.
IMG_2022-06-09_21-26-57.jpeg

Greg

@woodchucker id like to do mist coolant but it is messy and it isn’t cheap either
ok, I'm not trying to sell you. Oil is great. I just decided that rather than using it for surface grinding only to use it more often. I had been using it on and off, and a few months ago, I started using it more and more. I like both oil and mist. When I saw your endcaps, I was surprised. I didn't know clausing had them.

I understand. I didnt think you were trying to sell me. I did find a cheaper mister from micromark that at the time was 60$? I do want coolant for my grinder as well. But that will be a hard pill to swallow.

If you go the mister coolant route here is an inexpensive solution. This is what I have hooked up on mine.
Do you need air for it. What do you use for coolant and how do you hold the coolant or disperse it out if you dont use air.

Back