POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Looks terrific! Time for the roll pins to go in and reclaim your bag of drill bits!
Thank you! Yes, removing drill bits and installing roll pins tomorrow… Only thing left to do is the bolts that go on the c-clamp and the locking block…

But tested with regular bolts and it is working!

That is really slick!

Thank you! Feels good to see it actually working , lol… builds my confidence to tackle some of the kits that I have and did not wanted to start until I learned my way aroud the lathe and the mill…

Well, not starting any of the kits just yet… still need to practice more…and work smarter… Made several mistakes with this one that did not impacted the final product… but I learned what to look out for…

Thank you! Yes, removing drill bits and installing roll pins tomorrow… Only thing left to do is the bolts that go on the c-clamp and the locking block…

But tested with regular bolts and it is working!

Thank you! Feels good to see it actually working , lol… builds my confidence to tackle some of the kits that I have and did not wanted to start until I learned my way aroud the lathe and the mill…

Well, not starting any of the kits just yet… still need to practice more…and work smarter… Made several mistakes with this one that did not impacted the final product… but I learned what to look out for…
What kits do you have?

I spent the afternoon cutting up stock for my kits. Not my favorite shop activity but there is a Zen state to be reached. I worked my trusty old band saw so hard I broke a spring (or some damn thing). ;) . My band saw is a "Power Fist" from Princess Auto, (think Harbor Freight but less quality ha ha). I shouldn't complain she has done pretty well for the last 12-16 years. Does anybody have a source for these springs that put tension on the "head assembly" of as horizontal band saw?

20220611_202614.jpg

20220611_202636 (1).jpg

20220611_205051.jpg

Lordco usually has a wall of various springs. Take the pieces in with you and find something as close as you can.

Prinncess Auto sell ssprings as spare parts fo the hydraulic presses, they might be the right length. They also stock parts for the H band saws, but they may/may not have springs...

What kits do you have?
Oh man… several…

A few from MLA Toolbox - http://mlatoolbox.com/MLA-13.html

Some from here: http://www.hemingwaykits.com/

Several from our forum member- @Doug Gray

And there is the Acute Sharpening System from Eccentric Engineering - I finished the table but still have the rest to finish…. And have not done so because that work arm looks a bit intimidating… I am afraid to mess up a part… I will tackle it in a few months…

Pretty sure I am forgetting something…

What kits from Hemmingway did you get? Ive debated the rotary broach. I have seen the acute sharpening system but now that i have a surface grinder i feel i dont need that anymore. Im good using my hands making cutters but im going to make Mr. Petes south bend cutter blocks he just did on YouTube and use them on the surface grinder bc why not!

What kits from Hemmingway did you get? Ive debated the rotary broach. I have seen the acute sharpening system but now that i have a surface grinder i feel i dont need that anymore. Im good using my hands making cutters but im going to make Mr. Petes south bend cutter blocks he just did on YouTube and use them on the surface grinder bc why not!
Both knurling kits…

Made new clearance lamp brackets for my Aluma trailer that had them OEM mounted ON TOP of the darn fenders!!
Both had been broken TWICE before I bought it used a few years ago.
Finally got around to relocating them where they should have been in the first place.
The plate on top covers several holes that were used for the other mounts, only bits and pieces of which were left.
And no, it's not crooked, just a bad camera angle!

Attachments

• DSCN9366.JPG
    DSCN9366.JPG
    447.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN9367.JPG
    DSCN9367.JPG
    432.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back