POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Today i got the call from my brother, can you check the 206 is in town. I asked what's wrong, because not that long ago i did a full service. It a bit loose in the back and is running like crap on petrol. I put it on the inspection pit looked around and realize that i've never changed the fuel filter on it, this car had a bodyswapped some time back and the new filter was left on the other body. So i bought a new one OEM Peugeot, and when i removed the old one i found a 98 date its the one that body left the factory with. Car that we run on LPG don't get fuel filters changed mainly because of the cost and that fuel system is not used. looked at the rear suspension and found drivers side rear shock left its rubber mount and was riding on the bolt. I did get it back but it will need to be changed next time is in town. This car spent some time in Serbia and there got a new battery, but i was surprised with the name, i'm suspecting the chinese wore involved with the name.
IMG_20221022_103558.jpgIMG_20221022_104008_1.jpgIMG_20221022_115121.jpgIMG_20221022_115222_1.jpgIMG_20221022_120344.jpgIMG_20221022_121150.jpg

Today I went shopping at my local steel yard, the prices have come down in the last 2 weeks but they are more then 100% up from year ago. I have a shed that needs some work, the weather is starting to get colder especially at night but for mid november is great. This is the last outdoor project of the year, i bought couple sheets of corrugated zinc plated steel and couple of lengths of square tubing. This was the easy part, now i need to clean up that corner and cut up the shed. The roof is very out of level and in the rush that i made the shed every bar is out of level and crooked. It been an eye sore for years now but now i'll fix it.
IMG_20221027_111808.jpgIMG_20221027_111821.jpgIMG_20221027_112014.jpgIMG_20221028_192637.jpg

Well, looks like today is a good day to put the 'winter shoes' on the cars, then play in the nice warm basement shop! Glad it held off as long as it did.

And you Florida guys, you can keep your warm sunny weather pictures to yourselves! lol

WinterTires.jpg

Attachments

• Ugggg.jpg
    Ugggg.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 16
My POTD was testing out the new laser engraver in an attempt to prep for some Christmas cocoa mug gifts.

20221112_090829.jpg

I had also picked up a rotary axis (never tried the machine, let alone the rotary prior to today), and as I hand-spun the mug on the rotary, the mug shifted. Apparently, the rubber wheels are insufficient to keep it from sliding when the sides are not parallel (it's a slightly conical mug).

20221112_104708.jpg

Using small aluminum angle and a bearing, I built something to keep it from sliding off the large end. Can't test it, though, after setting it up and seeing the wiring for the rotary, I realized it's using a 4-pin on the motor, but the engraver uses 6-pin. Now I have to build an electrical adapter, but do not yet have the parts for it.

Today was a hard day of work for my back, started early cleaning all the junk and moved few sacks of sand. With that out of the way i had to remove and relocate couple of the wild berry from the fance. Then i cut off the cross brace and took off the sheet metal siding, it was so crooked everytime i look at it i wanted to fix it for the last couple of years. I cut off the back post and they are ankerd good, but the fronts were just dangling, so i dug around and found out that i've never put concrete around them. Dug little dipper and found a old metal cover for the utilities of the house, so that post can't be conceited with that in mind i'll extend the shed and lay the new post on solid ground in concrete, i did cut down the post till the roof was level. It come noon and i got a call to help a friend so i did that and by the time i got back it was night and cold, so i'll continue tomorrow.
IMG_20221029_112531.jpgIMG_20221029_112522.jpgIMG_20221029_115256.jpgIMG_20221029_163554.jpgIMG_20221029_163558_1.jpgIMG_20221029_163603.jpg

Nothing big - I've got to go out and get parts so I can install a filter on the humidifier water line (solenoid valve keeps clogging up).

We had a (fortunately) brief power outage ("animal contact with electrical equipment again) this morning, so I opened the mini-blinds in my office & shop. When I twiddled the rod on the office blinds, the rod came off in my hand as the connector loop had snapped:

Blind Adj Old.jpeg
The one in the shop is designed differently, so I don't know if the thin portion of the shaft in made that way so it will flex when they install the bottom inside the hollow rod, or if it's planned obsolescence.

I dug out some brass rod andmade a new one:

Blind Adj New.jpeg
Not perfect, but it works, won't break and when the curtains in place no one can see it.

Back