POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

It doesn't look like a lot but I finally moved the aluminum plate, that will be the bed for my CNC machine, into the garage and in place ready to start connecting it to the machine.

The plate has sharp edges, weighs right at 100 pounds and I did it alone with no lift.

20230603_173027.jpg

20230603_173039.jpg

Us (we?) plumbers use this hydrostic pump regularly.
Thanks, very good to know. Oddly enough I deal quite a bit with plumbers and sprinkler fitters but never had occasion to talk about these things before. And I saw (just googled online) they’re not crazy priced either. Learn something new every day… :encourage:

-frank

Installed a new (better) cam on the motorcycle... managed to make two screw-ups that luckily did not turned into a nightmare...

1. Dropped a bolt into the engine when removing the cam cover... luckily the sucker fell right next to the valve spring instead of going into the hole right next to it and falling down the engine case. That would have required a complete tear down....

IMG_1595.jpeg

2. Used a bungee to hold the timing chain in place. One end to the chain, the other end to the open garage door... Starts to rain and absent minded me closes the garage door. It was divine intervention that kept that bungee in place and the the chain tensioned... After realizing the stupid move I had just made, I move that end of the bungee to a safe location...

IMG_1599.jpeg

I think I used up all my luck for the year, I need to be careful until January...

IMG_1606.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1613.jpeg

And on that note... good night!!

TEC Cam Done.jpeg

Last edited:
Well... video should work now... sorry, I was tired and with wine in hand...

First pass on the manifold. I had to make two passes .015” total to clean it up.
Martin
View attachment 449991
Is that an inline 6?

We have an old continental 6 as the power plant for a sawmill. Not sure of the model or displacement. It purrs along like it did when I remember my grandfather running it 30+ years ago. It was probably pretty old then.

Installed a new (better) cam on the motorcycle... managed to make two screw-ups that luckily did not turned into a nightmare...

1. Dropped a bolt into the engine when removing the cam cover... luckily the sucker fell right next to the valve spring instead of going into the hole right next to it and falling down the engine case. That would have required a complete tear down....

View attachment 450004

2. Used a bungee to hold the timing chain in place. One end to the chain, the other end to the open garage door... Starts to rain and absent minded me closes the garage door. It was divine intervention that kept that bungee in place and the the chain tensioned... After realizing the stupid move I had just made, I move that end of the bungee to a safe location...

View attachment 450005

I think I used up all my luck for the year, I need to be careful until January...

View attachment 450006
View attachment 450007
View attachment 450008

And on that note... good night!!

View attachment 450009
We all need some luck at sometime or another. This was your "sometime" and "another ";).

Back