POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

@ChazzC you should make a version with a golf ball, and make it rod-thru as far as you can without poking out of the top. Plant them near the water hazards at the public course, and enjoy the fun. Or, you could make them out of tennis balls and plant them at the dog park. Ever seen someone JB weld a quarter to the floor near a checkout counter? That never gets old. I think you have the makings of a webstore empire with these flag holders!

@ChazzC you should make a version with a golf ball, and make it rod-thru as far as you can without poking out of the top. Plant them near the water hazards at the public course, and enjoy the fun.

Actually, planting them just in the water or along the bottom of a stream would be more fun. I can still remember the embarrassment I experienced when I treated my father in law to a round at our local historic course and got chewed out by a Ranger who caught him retrieving multiple balls out of a creek.

Actually, planting them just in the water or along the bottom of a stream would be more fun. I can still remember the embarrassment I experienced when I treated my father in law to a round at our local historic course and got chewed out by a Ranger who caught him retrieving multiple balls out of a creek.
really, they are property of the course at that point?

Not keeping pace, and potential damage to the water hazard.

If they really wanted to push it, this particular creek feeds a larger creek that empties into the Susquehanna and thus Chesapeake Bay: you don’t want to hear about the hoops I needed to jump through to have some landscaping done in my backyard due to a stream that feeds a run that feeds the creek/river/bay - State was OK, but Township wanted a full blown environmental study completed (didn’t do this but I used up a lot of favors with my environmental engineering friends).

I used to live near the green on a municipal course. Balls ended up in my yard all the time so if they didn't have an interesting logo they went into a bucket.

Bucket filled with water and moss grew on the balls. Every once in a while I'd whack one out onto the green and wait for the next group. Inevitably someone would walk up and say "there's my ball", I just imagined their friends looking at this slimy green thing and saying to themselves "yeah right"....

I've never played but it looks like a fun game if you're not to serious about rules ;)

John

Back