POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Yesterdays catch . They met a watery death after their trip thru a black hole . :grin: 10 "stainless filter head used as a dog bowl .

Attachments

• IMG_9866.JPG
    IMG_9866.JPG
    554.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9867.JPG
    IMG_9867.JPG
    593.1 KB · Views: 30
Got the little surface grinder home last night. If possible, I like to figure out what a machine is doing before I go through it. First order of business was get a little oil on the ways. After that, a wheel dresser. The previous owner had ground aluminum with it so there were silver boogers packed into the stone. After I cleaned the stone I needed sumpthin to grind. Why not the dresser holder? The little Sanford did well
View attachment 456126
After measuring all the corners from all directions, the greatest error I found was .0002. That might be significant since this part is 1”x1.25”x1.5”.

I’ll worry about that after I get it cleaned up.

Have you shared photo of the complete machine?

Since the Rigidizer was dry and ready, I went ahead and applied refractory cement to the Vevor 2-burner forge...

IMG_2349.jpeg
IMG_2351.jpeg

Now to let it dry/cure...

IMG_2353.jpeg

And I need to do a better job at researching... I could have just purchased the metal melting one and had two in one... oh, well...

The other thing, the Vevor 12 kg melting furnace did not come with refractory cement... and looking at the listing, it is not part of what is included. I missed that since every video I have seen of it, has the refractory cement in the kit... email sent to Vevor to see if they would send me some. If not, I will need to order that to get this completed. Rigidizer should be here today so that I can start with applying that.

IMG_2350.jpeg

Because it's a family friendly site and young children may be reading post.

.Ron
p i s s e d is not a derogatory , threatening , or dirty word, it's an expression of emotion in words. It's over reaching to prevent it, and prevents expressing an emotion calmly and clearly. Every young kid uses this word. Since when is it a dirty word?

p i s s e d is not a derogatory , threatening , or dirty word, it's an expression of emotion in words. It's over reaching to prevent it, and prevents expressing an emotion calmly and clearly. Every young kid uses this word. Since when is it a dirty word?
Since the forum software prohibits it. Can't say I agree with it, but if it keeps this place from spiraling into the gutter, I'm all for it. We can go elsewhere if we need to write such things, right? I'd think we can come up with different words to describe the emotion. It wouldn't be surprising to me if the origin of the word was not family friendly, nor in the spirit of this forum. But that's my opinion only, you need not share it.

I think it has become a common place word, to represent a certain type of angry, In my 65 years it's been a common place word since I can remember. We have presidents that have used it in their speeches .

edit: that's my final statement... I'll drop it... I know.. I beat a dead horse.

I've been trying to sell my Exacto knee mill for months now, with very little interest, and a few guys offering $500. With the exception of the inoperative power feed, it's a solid and fully functioning machine with normal wear for its age. A few weeks ago, I was talking to a friend and he said he'd take it. He's never owned a mill or lathe. He didn't have a way to lift and transport it and asked if I could take it down into smaller pieces. Wanting it gone to make room for my Lagun, I agreed. Yesterday, and 7 hours later, I had pulled the motor, the head, the ram & turret assy, and the table. I don't have the equipment to pull the knee.

I knew the table screw was gunked because it took effort turning the hand wheels. And boy was it. The pressure washer didn't remove the thick mass of concealed grease, so after a quick scrape and a few more passes with the pressure washer, this is what I had. I forgot to take initial photos.
Screw1.jpg
After wire brushing and scraping, for what seemed all day, this was the result.
Screw2.jpg
The gib was much easier to clean.
Knee.jpg
Ram & Table.jpgHead.jpg
The Lagun has been in the garage on the other side of the car you see in the background just taking up space. I can't wait to move it over and running.

I had planted some shrubs by the shed. I noticed some holes by the roots, thought I hadn't filled it in well enough. I was weed wacking around it with a 2 cycle, and the noise ****** them off, they attacked me like a swarm. I dropped the weed whacker while it was running and ran.
I got stung a few times. Since it was running they didn't calm down until it shut, and then some. I waited until dark and picked it up.
I sprayed the bejesus out of those holes, and removed the shrubs shortly thereafter. I felt like I had been zapped by 120 volts, they had gotten me good, so I got them back.

edit: I don't understand why the word P I S S E D is considered an issue and requires redaction.
S bee keeper I knew said there is a hundred ways to kill bees, wasps.
At night when they are all dozing in their little underground hell, you pour a 1/4 cup of gasoline down the hole/s.
Next day = no activity at all :)

Back