POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

S bee keeper I knew said there is a hundred ways to kill bees, wasps.
At night when they are all dozing in their little underground hell, you pour a 1/4 cup of gasoline down the hole/s.
Next day = no activity at all :)
good for wasps and yellow jackets, bad for bees. I don't want to kill the bees. Also, I don't want to contaminate my well (even the chance of it) with the chemicals in petroleum. I know, it's not that much, but I'm trying to be careful. I don't want to move.. I'll be ok with dying here, just not speeding it up.

good for wasps and yellow jackets, bad for bees. I don't want to kill the bees. Also, I don't want to contaminate my well (even the chance of it) with the chemicals in petroleum. I know, it's not that much, but I'm trying to be careful. I don't want to move.. I'll be ok with dying here, just not speeding it up.
No No, I agree, bees are good!
We even save them when they land in the pool, then my dog tries to catch them in mid flight. She gets stung and bit by all manner of flying varmints. It doesn't seem to phase her.

No No, I agree, bees are good!
We even save them when they land in the pool, then my dog tries to catch them in mid flight. She gets stung and bit by all manner of flying varmints. It doesn't seem to phase her.
my dog too. He tries to grab any flying thing in his vicinity. Not usually too successful, thankfully. I imagine getting stung in the mouth is not too pleasant.

Today was a long day for little work. Started early marking the tubing for the door of the shed, all set up two welds in i run out of wire in my mig welder. I went had breakfast bought me a new spool of wire come back home changed continued welding mid way i started to get porosity in my welds, check the CO2 and its empty. Went home changed come with the little niva but it's so high i could not load the 100 kg tank by myself, so went home grab the keys from the 605, to the tank on the back seat went and changed it. The prices are 3x more than last time i bought wire or gas. Got back continued welding and carry them to the shed and welded them in place, this task should have taken me hour but it took me entire day and decent amount of money.
IMG_20230731_182024.jpgIMG_20230731_113235.jpgIMG_20230731_142843.jpgIMG_20230731_142853.jpgIMG_20230731_182034.jpg

Today was a long day for little work. Started early marking the tubing for the door of the shed, all set up two welds in i run out of wire in my mig welder. I went had breakfast bought me a new spool of wire come back home changed continued welding mid way i started to get porosity in my welds, check the CO2 and its empty. Went home changed come with the little niva but it's so high i could not load the 100 kg tank by myself, so went home grab the keys from the 605, to the tank on the back seat went and changed it. The prices are 3x more than last time i bought wire or gas. Got back continued welding and carry them to the shed and welded them in place, this task should have taken me hour but it took me entire day and decent amount of money.
View attachment 456194View attachment 456191View attachment 456192View attachment 456193View attachment 456195
we all have days like that..
I hope you aren't trying to lock up that wheel barrow.. I would leave it out and hopefully someone would take it :laughing:

Is that intended to be a crucible furnace but it's laid on its side? I don' understand the locations of the tuyeres?

In general, you do not want the flame to impinge on the crucible. In fact you typically place a plinth under the crucible to raise it above the flame. That upper tuyere is not a good idea as it will fire at the crucible. I would see if you can get hot enough with just the lower one.
What is your name at Home Foundry?

Back