POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

In general, you do not want the flame to impinge on the crucible. In fact you typically place a plinth under the crucible to raise it above the flame. That upper tuyere is not a good idea as it will fire at the crucible. I would see if you can get hot enough with just the lower one.
What is your name at Home Foundry?

Good to know.

Still have not joined Home Foundry... Let me do that now...

Reactions: rwm
I'm Robert there but I spend a lot more time here! So much good information on both sites. Make sure you check out Kelly's amazing lost foam castings. BTW I'm sure your unusual user name is available!

I'm Robert there but I spend a lot more time here! So much good information on both sites. Make sure you check out Kelly's amazing lost foam castings. BTW I'm sure your unusual user name is available!
I am in... Wachuko there as well...

Going over the section on the forum where Kelly posted. Thank you!

Reactions: rwm
I hope you aren't trying to lock up that wheel barrow.. I would leave it out and hopefully someone would take it
Hahaha, i don't worried about it, it's been outside since new. It was in my way so i park it inside, up right but i pushed it over accidentally and it found it self in that position for the photo.

Especially if you light a match.
That and if the nest is in the wall of the house . :grin: I visited the Tractor Supply and the shelves were empty of the yellow jacket spray . Ended up with a concentrate . An ounce to a gallon . Hit a black wasp mid air and it dropped like most of my stocks . :eek: Minimal time spent on the bees but I bet I got another 300 or so . I'm going out now to investigate the shop vac contents . Of course , pics or it didn't happen . :)

I've got a furnace I bought from someone. Steel frame, large hard fire brick the lined with soft fire brick. Not very efficient. I'm considering wrapping it with 1/2" of Kaowool & a sheet metal jacket as a quick fix. Not sure what temperature the steel frame would reach. It easily melts aluminum but I can't get it to copper melt point. Fires on propane. I've got lots of used compressor oil that is free. So I should make a burner for that.

In general, you do not want the flame to impinge on the crucible. In fact you typically place a plinth under the crucible to raise it above the flame. That upper tuyere is not a good idea as it will fire at the crucible. I would see if you can get hot enough with just the lower one.
What is your name at Home Foundry?
Your comment stayed on my mind... I had to go and check now that the rigidizer is a bit more dry...

The top of the crucible is a good 2" above the top border of burner tube...

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 9.02.11 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 9.02.11 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 9.02.09 PM.jpeg

Back