POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I see it, better cover it up before anyone else sees it. So couldn't take the heat of Tx?
You're a lot closer, but still about a day away .
well I can't say I'm missing the 100F+ heat! 85-90F during the day and 65-70F at night is lovely in my book. I left because my last university was a complete Lord of the Flies mess and a general $h!thole. The only way I'd be happier here is if my family was with me - that'll have to wait until my eldest finishes high school next June.

Not doing much as I've moved to south Carolina and my family is still in Texas, but I did fix a bike light I made many years ago. It stopped charging and it turned out one of the prongs inside the socket was broken.

I was going to replace the board itself but that looked a little more complicated than I thought due to a spacer glued to the back of it. Instead I replaced the broken socket. Thankfully my cameras macro function doesn't let you see the ugly soldering job :)View attachment 458935View attachment 458936

Where in SC?

Made some progress on the Craftsman Horizontal Bandsaw today. I finished the motor mount and wiring. I need to do some adjustments on the saw. The blade wants to run off of the idler wheel. And adjust the guides too. I had to stop. I am getting sunburned.
f6b0e70b3afed5741164fa1e1357a9b8.jpg

0cd9e0e29735b15f22eb44cc8e363551.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

Seems like it is taking forever to put this together…

Some progress made…

I had some 1-1/2” angle aluminum and some 3/4” treated paneling… made a quick 29” x 37-3/4” shelf.

Finished the drain, installed the tank but still need to place the straps on it and drill the cap for the 1-1/2” PVC pipe, install the hose and route to the tray for filling, oh, and connect the pump to a 12v power supply…

Also got a air/water separator with some filters and desiccant…

Organized the wiring as neat as I could…

A few photos to share…

IMG_2716.jpeg
IMG_2717.jpeg
IMG_2718.jpeg
IMG_2719.jpeg
IMG_2720.jpeg
And got a small piece of sheet metal for when I can finally test it…
IMG_2721.jpeg

I cleaned the mill and moved things around some to make room. I'll have to move more things around to get at some of the tools, but fortunately, I don't use them often. Next up is putting lathe together, but I want to machine the cross slide for the DRO scale. It's probably only going to be drill and tap as I can't figure out a way to do what @JimDawson did - machining a channel for the magnetic tape and read head. I also lack the confidence to not screw it up. When the lathe is back together, I can finish cleaning and organizing the surrounding area. I don't know about you, but I make a bigger mess when cleaning and arranging things, but I'll get there. Then it's back to the '73 Cuda you see in the background.
Mill.jpgLathe.jpg

Back