POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

The power pruners make working all day in the orchard more productive. We use hydraulic operated shears and chain saw on a pruning tower. The hydraulic tools save a lot of time. One person can do more than three people with hand tools and ladder. Plus the tower is much safer than a ladder. Ladders are one of the most dangerous things in an orchard. I don’t even have an orchard ladder on the farm. Nice set up with the air compressor. Let us know how it works out.

pneumatic pruner
junk pile
scrap
and now the hose is solved.
Now you've got pruning covered! :beer:

My grandfather was a man who made do in a similar fashion. He was a Californian with an Oklahoma accent. It warms my heart to know that I'm not the only one out there who was raised as if the Great Depression never ended.

It started with a grape pruner, made in Italy, had it for years, and never used due to needing to drag out the hose.

We have a little trailer that was also an estate sale find, unknown what it was for, it was some sort of hotel cart, we added things so it is perfect for tree pruning, use it with electric wheelchair we call the mule.

We prune trees and place branches it cart, pull up to chipper, the chips go under the tree.

We used the pruner to lop the side branches and discovered it worked too well to not use in the yard.

After we built this rig, we needed more reach, we try to keep the yard orchard trees not so tall, so we found an extended reach unit, maybe 30 inches long.

Between the 2 it makes annual pruning very easy.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Today i moved all the cylinder heads to the big garage, also took off all the parts i put on the new shelf. Dragged it out and welded on 4 more bars on the top so i can store rims on the top. I should have done it when i build it but exhaustion and not knowing the distance from the wall to place the back bar, i left it for today. At the end i painted the welds with some out of date white spray paint to stop it from rusting. I did put all my weight on those tiny bars they hold me so i have no doubt they'll hold a bunch of rims.
IMG_20230920_191215_1.jpgIMG_20230923_132815.jpg

Decided it was time to do something about a pile of drills and reamers all mixed together in drawers/bins. 3D printed this one (holds Morse Taper 2). One for MT3 and another one for reamers is on the printer right now. Will print one more tomorrow for the reduced shank drill bits. Tabs on the sides so these various holders will interlock. Each one is a bit over 300g of PETG. Most of the shelves above my bench are 2x8's, so these are 7.5" long dimension to sit nicely on those shelves.
IMG_5193.JPG

I save those handy self-sealing pouches too, but I just stuff them inside of a larger bag and pick out what I need. The time saved allows me to come here and harass people, so it' s a win. Like a poor man's James Brown... hit me- huh-ha-ha-heeey!

Today i did i bit of cleaning in the big garage, the shelf got pushed back in its place. Got tied up to the wall and to the storage tank. Then i started to move parts around, its hard to see but under the shelf i moved two engines. And started storing staff on the shelfs, the engines i moved opened a spot on the other side, i plan to move as many engines as i can to make space. The other shelf has more room but there is nothing to lean the engines up to and those being engines from a FWD cars the oil pans are sideways and need to be supported to stand. Few dozen engines to move to get some of my floor space back.
IMG_20230926_171139.jpgIMG_20230926_171146.jpg

Back