POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

does it run without modifications on LPG? Do you have an LPG tank on that car?

Will do! And thanks!
Looks like the bolts/holes will have to be at least 3/8"
Was thinking 7/16 but there is not much meat in the tee leg for that.
Did these comem with 3/8 nuts or was that stuff all aftemarket?
May have been metric as well I suppose.
If it suits the rt, you could make the heel on the clamps longer to go to the bottom of the tee slot to protect the table face.
clamps.jpg

Interesting. Please keep sharing the progress.

Is that a plastic material (as opposed to a white paint)?

I assume the copper inserts are tubing. What diameter (for scale reference)?
I've finished the prototype joint, here are some images.

Attachments

• blank on machine.jpg
    blank on machine.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 34
  • cutter on end.jpg
    cutter on end.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 35
  • cutter.jpg
    cutter.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 33
  • in front of bport.jpg
    in front of bport.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 33
  • mirror side.jpg
    mirror side.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 35
  • finished joint.jpg
    finished joint.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 35
Is that all there is to those, just a spring inside like that? I obviously don’t use or own one let alone have never seen the guts before...
Yep. Found out by spinning one of mine at WAAAAYYYY to fast! VFD for the high speed spindle is setup with a 'jog' switch for low speed edge finding. Lets just say I didn't hit the right switch to turn on the spindle for edge finding.

At over 16K RPM these don't work as edge finders. They act as diarrhea inducers!

I did find the tip, and no, it wasn't embedded in a wall. Just reassembled the thing, and it's been fine ever since.

The wood is Oak with an Osmo wax finish.
Nice

Do you like the Osmo? (Have a table project coming up sometime soon. Looking at that or Rubio as a possible finish.)

Nice

Do you like the Osmo? (Have a table project coming up sometime soon. Looking at that or Rubio as a possible finish.)
I love it.. The colour on the images is Antique Oak hardwax over Europpean Oak. although it can be expensive it goeas a really long way, I just rub it in with a kitchen scouring sponge. Providing the wood is not too smooth ( go to 150 grit ) and rubbed in sparingly it is so easy to use. They do cheap small sachets samples for testing the colour on your wood. I've used it a lot on Birch ply, here are a couple of pieces also in Antique Oak on Birch ply over a meduim Oak spirit based stain, I haven't used Rubio before. cabinet1.jpgmonk settle3.jpg

Now at home and at its resting place... will remove the pallet later. New electrical plug installed. First owner never took the plastic wrapping off... now I get to do that... what a pita...

IMG_4811.jpeg

Air filter was a solid piece of gunk...

IMG_4816.JPG

But I wanted to tested... so made a temporary filter from a 3M pad... Just to get it running at take a short video...

IMG_4814.jpeg

IMG_4815.JPG

Well... it works...

Now to change the oil, replace o-ring on the oil fill plug, get new air filter, regulator, separator... also want to change the bottom valve for something that will make it easier to drain the tank.

Awesome score!!!! And it's a belt drive and not an oil-less too. Now you can test drive the power drawbar :eagerness:

NOOOOOOO. scotchbrite has abrasive and some of it releases when new...
I keep felt around for a filter, and for one run you are better off with nothing than abrasive.

edit: My opinion, keep your pallets, you bought a pallet jack.. just fix that pallet up a little.

Back