POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I gotta say though, that's a really nice stack job you did there, it looks pretty nicely locked in.
Just a pic that was sent to me , not really mine . I have to agree on the stack job . :grin:

Heading north today for the end of the year trip to the mountains . Plan on stopping by @Arcstar* wife's place and pick up some kind of stained glass piece for the camp. The dogs haven't been to the property in over 2 years and they will be making the trip this time . They'll lose some weight running all day . :encourage:

Making a 6in rotary table into a 8in 20231104_135553.jpg
This is the first time using the 9in plate that came with my Lathe PM1030 it Was .011 out of round and the face was out .006... but I faced and turned it to be 100% true...

I'll post pictures of the new rotary fixture plate when I'm done with it..

Really enjoy doing this kind of stuff more so than electronics ever tho I'm way better in my lab than the shop. Maybe because it new but old as I did it in HS shop class and was really good at it...

My PM1030 is a toy for most but I can get within. 0005 with it and I'm fighting with the PM-833VT on hitting. 001 with that. I have so much more confidence with the lower quality Lathe then the so called higher quality T mill. Maybe I just need more time to get the bugs out of it...

3459d54d8ce8e5102d6de56c3ee891ce.jpg

Accidentally large vise installed on an old workbench that came with the house. Had to shorten it and route the miter slots. It’s so pretty.

Back