POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Not machining related, but finally moved the bed frame from the old to the new house…. After a year, no more sleeping with the mattress on the floor…

IMG_3301.jpeg

Now at new place…

IMG_3385.jpeg
Much better for these bones that are getting old :grin big:

Made a push handle for a rolling table I made a couple months ago. It also will be my C clamp rack since I will hardly ever move the table.

The brackets are 1/2'' aluminum, the tube is .075 stainless steel with a hand press fit into the brackets and a set screw on the bottom to keep it in place.
DSC00734.JPGDSC00733.JPGDSC00732.JPGDSC00731.JPG

As above, another table addition. Was tired of picking files and such that are constantly getting knocked off the welding tables limited flat surface near the vise. Had a expanded metal door off of who knows what that I spotted up in my junkyard. Cut it in two, and welded it to the underside of a section of the table. Now everything stays put, and grinding detritus just falls through to the floor. Mike

IMG_20231120_134724962_HDR.jpg

Nothing big today. I re-felted my Geo Scherr tool box.
54a056d74bb788c407b835873aea1f13.jpg

21c329aa04db3a586a7726d5d49ed323.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

what kind of glue did you use?

I ended up using Weldon contact cement. I tried using some Luthier Glue. But I failed miserably trying to get it liquid.

It has been years since I have used contact cement. I now remember why. Those fumes are horrible. Even outside

Cutting oil is my blood.

Cleaning out the bedroom , looked like a machine shop . :)
You have machines and tools in the bedroom? Dave, get a grip.. If your filling up your bedroom as well as the garage and basement of multiple houses... You need an intervention...

Hey guys, we need to get over to Dave's house (one of them ) and relieve him of his hoarding...

Back