POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

What kind of controller? And what kind of bike?
2010 Zero DS with a 2023 powertrain.

John

Got it Thanks, Looking forward to seeing it complete.
I'm getting much closer now. One of the things holding me back was the rear axle mounting on the swingarm. On the 2010, for some reason, the axle is fixed without any adjustment for chain tension. The current swingarm won't fit my frame so I was waiting to get a 2013 unit which has adjustment. Got one now so on to a few other tasks like finishing up all the mounting stuff and building a mount for the other side of the motor. If all goes well it should be on the road early next year.

John

The Christmas tree is up ! No family members were insulted or injured ( from other family members ) as in the past . Being old and retired I now know my limitations . :)

A tad busy today, broke the handle of my rotary composting bin yesterday.
c1.jpg
So piled a heap of ally scrap into the furnace and poured it into a couple of tins.
c2.jpg
That were turned down, milled to shape
c3.jpg
and rammed into the drive gear
c4.jpg
This was then stuck back into the gear holder
c5.jpg
Then another tin was turned down to this shape, I didnt bother to de-gas so a fair bit of porosity but it looks worse than it really is.
c6.jpg
jammed onto the previous part, add a handle and bolt together
c7.jpg
got enough scrap left over to remelt again.
c8.jpg
Bolted the unit back onto the composter
c9.jpg
and the longer handle allows me to turn the rich compost easier than before.
c10.jpg
Beautiful sweet smelling rich compost for the garden.

Wow Randy... And you plan to get that dirty!!??? That came out great!!

Reminds me that I need to cut my hands using mine soon...

Wow Randy... And you plan to get that dirty!!??? That came out great!!

Reminds me that I need to cut my hands using mine soon...

Thanks. And the funny part is, it only took me 8 years to finally do it. Yeah, the thing works fantastic. I pulls really nice plugs.

I also made a custom bolt for my lathe carriage stop. I was tired or using two different wrenches. Had some stainless laying around.

DSC03764.JPGDSC03765.JPG

Back