POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Not sure if setting up a new computer for my CNC router counts a making something. Wait maybe it does as I ‘made’ time in the future by not having to wait for ages for the machine to start up.

Finally got around to wiring stock switch on the Walker-Turner drill press… Used existing cord for the switch and bought a 10’ extension cord for the power…

View attachment 471050
Jamie, shorten up the cord, that's a hazard and doesn't need to be that long, OR put a zip tie and keep it higher up. Anything that catches in a drill bit, that's long enough, will grab that cord and zap.

Jamie, shorten up the cord, that's a hazard and doesn't need to be that long, OR put a zip tie and keep it higher up. Anything that catches in a drill bit, that's long enough, will grab that cord and zap.
Good idea. Will do asap.

EDIT: Tie wraps for now... will adjust length at a later time. Thank you again for the recommendation.

Cable routed.jpeg

Last edited:
did you ever get the pins out? I know you cut them, just don't remember if you got them out.
The half of the taper pin in the headstock tapped right out
IMG_7415.jpeg
As soon as I finish cleaning the plan is to get a steel plate, clamp it down across the ways and use my mag drill to drill and tap. Hopefully I can use a nut with a sleeve over the bolt to remove.IMG_7426.jpeg

View attachment 471116
As soon as I finish cleaning the plan is to get a steel plate, clamp it down across the ways and use my mag drill to drill and tap. Hopefully I can use a nut with a sleeve over the bolt to remove.View attachment 471117
Maybe you could weld a nut to it. The heat will loosen the crud, then you might could lever it out with a pry bar. I would be wary of anything that would alter the location of the locating pin. Every thousandth at that index point will magnify into eighths of an inch at the tailstock. Pretty risky.

View attachment 471116
As soon as I finish cleaning the plan is to get a steel plate, clamp it down across the ways and use my mag drill to drill and tap. Hopefully I can use a nut with a sleeve over the bolt to remove.View attachment 471117
Think I would use a small end mill with the Mag drill to create a flat spot to start my drill on.

Back