POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Apple AirTags?
How do I attach that to a 10mm socket? :dunno:

Seriously, this page has brought a big smile to my face.
I HATE it when that happens. And, although I try very hard, it does happen from time to time.
Locked myself out of the house a couple weeks ago.
Misplaced my digital camera a few months ago, still not found.
I could go on.
I sure hope my camera reappears.

of course you need an iphone.. I don't do apple. And quite truthfully, I wonder if I should switch, as android keeps messing me up with their changes that eliminate functionality. But I'll bet the same happens with apple.

of course you need an iphone.. I don't do apple. And quite truthfully, I wonder if I should switch, as android keeps messing me up with their changes that eliminate functionality. But I'll bet the same happens with apple.
We are getting off the beaten track here, but there are similar items for Android. I bought Tile tags for our luggage for our vacation last year. They are a little larger, but seem to work. But no, I don't suggest tagging 10mm sockets!

OT
The only objection I have with iPhones is having to replace them about every 5 years to keep up with iOS releases. I’ve had the Original, 4, 6, 6s and 14+ (up to the 14+ my wife inherited my previous phone). To be fair, needed to make the latest upgrade since 5G and wide area broadband pushed carrier support away from the 6 & 6s era phones (all brands).

Got the knee on the mill and made a drip oiler for the elevation gearIMG_0824.jpegIMG_0825.jpeg
Added a chip shield for said gearIMG_0826.jpeg
Fitted the saddle, hooked up all the oil lines and kept pumping until oil came out of everywhere it should do. It won’t need as much in use, just a pump or twoIMG_0828.jpegIMG_0830.jpeg
Tomorrow I’ll work on the x axis screw and hopefully put the table back on

Pontiac428

I had steuggled wity benign positional vertigo for many years. A ton of medical tests, many different drugs over the years and none of it worked. The tests did not reveal anything out of the ordinary.

A friend suggested I try a device called Dizzy Fix.

https://www.dizzyfix.com/?gad_sourc...KfNpHHBCLJigMLaMygyo-3v0XdfiFS3BoCkdIQAvD_BwE

It worked and I have been vertigo free for many years now.

You have nothing to loose by giving this a try.

Best of luck to you,

Rick

More organizing. The wall-o-tools is coming along nicely. Almost justifies the cost of a 3D printer if you look at prices of tool chests.
IMG_5292.JPG

And got the control box hung for the crane. Tomorrow I'll work on organizing cabling.
Sorry for the backlit picture, lights obviously aren't set up for good lighting on the crane.
IMG_5295.JPG

Straightened the x axis lead screw from my mill in my 10t press. Took it slow but still overshot. Took it even slower and got it as straight as I can tell
IMG_0832.jpeg
Rejigged some oil lines and reinstalled everything knee and saddle relatedIMG_0833.jpeg
Finally got it finished. Even painted the head spacer/riser block I made for it last summerIMG_0838.jpeg
Now I need to check tram and put the vise back on. Already feels tighter and I’m looking forward to making some test cuts!

Last edited:
Back