POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

been there with the heavy tank .. it was so clogged up, water would not come out the drain..
I can't get my anode out too. I couldn't on the old, and can't on the newer unit (15 years now). I am not sure why it is that hard. It's a replaceable item..
I think it’s because the anode/tank connection is the first to corrode, so if you don’t loosen it early in the heater’s life it’s locked solid. I don’t know if there are any than use some kind of anti-seize.

I built an $85 small parts table saw sled and saved $4 over a brand-name small parts table saw sled. Yes, I have "Rockler" hold down clamps (would not be included with their version), and the flip stops (which are also not included in the Rockler version).

View attachment 473970

This side quest is part of my efforts to build those Gerstner-style tool chests, and I have completed the chests and gotten to the point of making a lot of tiny drawers. I need this sled because I value my fingers, and 33 tiny drawers with my impatient hands sounds like a bad combination.
A saw sled is the most versatile thing in a woodworking shop. I couldn't even begin to list the set-ups I've done in the last 40 years, all of them were accurate and safe!

Working on getting everything in order for reassembly of the QCGB.
Bushing work is finished.
IMG_7561.jpeg

Finally located bearings for the 9/16" shaft.
The "Nice" 3022 bearings are going back to McMaster-Carr, listed as 9/16" /.5625 ID but both measure as .5665
IMG_7543.jpeg

Bearing Depot 1622-zz arived yesterday are are spot on at .5625
Mic is showing shaft diameter of .5624
Hopfully will get it back together this weekend.
IMG_7564.jpeg

The "Nice" 3022 bearings are going back to McMaster-Carr, listed as 9/16" /.5625 ID but both measure as .5665
wow, that's not so NICE.
did the package have measurements ? was the bearing marked itself with a number matching the contents of the box?
that's so bizzare to be off by that much.

wow, that's not so NICE.
did the package have measurements ? was the bearing marked itself with a number matching the contents of the box?
that's so bizzare to be off by that much.

BTW, Nice bearings are USA made..
Good point on checking the bearing number to verify if packaging is right.
Initial reaction was sweet made in USA
I dropped Nice a contact us email a week ago but no response, bit disappointing all the way around.

Good point on checking the bearing number to verify if packaging is right.
Initial reaction was sweet made in USA
I dropped Nice a contact us email a week ago but no response, bit disappointing all the way around.
I don't know if I've ever gotten a reply from one of those "Contact Us" email options.
NICE brand is under RBC Bearings Inc. Try corporate HQ at 203-267-7001.
I'm curious what a tech rep would have to say about the oversized bores.

let us know if they ever respond, what they say.
It's one of the reasons I get upset when everyone thinks Made in USA guarantees quality. It never did, and never will.
The only thing that guarantees quality is a workforce that cares, an executive group that cares and doesn't cut corners, and a company that listens to feedback from the customer and the workforce. And a lack of arrogance on the company side.

I can't do that small a figure, when my son was little we did up a big Christmas village with Lionel trains. My wife had to paint the figures, because I can't even write clearly, never mind paint fine detail. I did the large stuff, the mountains, scenery, etc.

Nice work especially for your first. One thing most newbies don't know is that all eyes should have a tiny white spot in each eye. It almost gives them life, makes them more realistic. When I did my pilots in my youth. I wasn't good but I read a book on doing pilots and model railroad figures

Back