POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Adam mentions that he want's to buy a 6 jaw chuck, but only made the stand to hold three because one of the four chucks will "always" be on the lathe. Ahhh, except when he's changing chucks !!! Maybe he has a way of levitating the two chucks in transition.

Sorry Adam. Recommendation for those thinking of a similar rack, at the bottom add a compartment, or 2, for storing bar stock. The compartment(s) need not add more than 6" or so to the total height. The raw stock will soon accumulate, greatly improve the CG and be handy to the lathe.

If super skinny isn't a requirement for you, make the footprint substantially larger and add more raw stock storage on both sides of the chuck rack.
Lots of ways to skin that cat

Adam mentions that he want's to buy a 6 jaw chuck, but only made the stand to hold three because one of the four chucks will "always" be on the lathe. Ahhh, except when he's changing chucks !!! Maybe he has a way of levitating the two chucks in transition.

Sorry Adam. Recommendation for those thinking of a similar rack, at the bottom add a compartment, or 2, for storing bar stock. The compartment(s) need not add more than 6" or so to the total height. The raw stock will soon accumulate, greatly improve the CG and be handy to the lathe.

If super skinny isn't a requirement for you, make the footprint substantially larger and add more raw stock storage on both sides of the chuck rack.
Lots of ways to skin that cat
I have a project cart that I roll between the lathe and the Mill which holds tools and allows me to transfer between the 2 machines with a project, I wonder if I could attach one of these holders without the wheels to the end of it...... Hummmmm

As silly as it sounds, those zip-shut attic stairs covers REALLY make a difference! Well worth the small $$ and time!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

My son's attic came with a foam box that holds back the hot and cold. He just lifts the box off when entering and puts it back over when leaving. Works pretty good, you can feel a drastic difference before he even closes the stairs. Do you lose much of the stair with the insulation in there. I notice you have a double layer above the step above where you foot hits the tread.

Back