POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Quicker to propel your plane with a 2-1 hp to weight combo and yank the plane up in the air. :dunno:

Here’s a couple of mine.

View attachment 487668

View attachment 487669
actually until Turbine Jets came along, the fastest planes were gliders, and in dynamic soaring, they are pushing 600mph. I don't know what the current record is, but this one is 548mph

Last edited:
I used to . I was competitive in F3B, and the USA's Thermal Duration.
I never flew competition but I have built and flown a number of different sail planes. I started flying combat and acrobatic U-Control in the 1970's, K&B .35 and Fox .35 on Carl Goldberg Voodoos and Ring Masters then in 1979 I got a Sig Cadet with a Fox .36 and a 3 Channel Futaba and learned to fly RC. I have owned many RC airplanes since but the planes I enjoyed flying the most were Sail Planes launched with a high start. The Spirit 101 I have has rudder, elevator, ailerons, Flaps and spoilers, the ailerons and flaps are setup in the radio with a mixer allowing ailerons to both go up with flaps down so it can be set down in the box.

Sorry didn't mean to get off topic....
Quicker to propel your plane with a 2-1 hp to weight combo and yank the plane up in the air. :dunno:

Back