POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I found a trailer out back ! :big grin: I cleaned off the equipment trailer yesterday in anticipation of making a large scale haul in the upcoming week or 3 or 4 . For those of you who have been here , you know what I went thru , not an easy task . I have to replace a tail light as the Kubota tooth bar tore it off , but it'll be ready to go today . May need a dump run tomorrow unless I can burn it all today and tonight . Things are REALLY shaping up with a few days of nice weather finally , getting quite a bit done in my limited capacity . :)

Attachments

• IMG_9082.JPG
    IMG_9082.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 35
Soft jaws for the miteeBite talons
6aadeb10206883fac32570fd66c0ae54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another week another car to fix, i got a call the wrapped car will not start. First i push started it and check the alternator is charging but when i shut it off the starter is clicking but won't turn over. So i removed the starter took it apart and the brushes are destroyed. I had another set and i just replaced them. There is a lot of heat in the armature i'm guessing someone is starting it in gear. Reinstalled it and this vehicle is back on the road probably being driven like a bumper car.
IMG_20220404_184022.jpgIMG_20220404_190307.jpgIMG_20220404_191000.jpgIMG_20220404_191017.jpg

I did the same a few days ago. For some reason one of the sides is cut deeper than the others. Since the cutter or Y never moved, I don't understand it... it's deeper than the TIR of the block. and I climb cut so it should have stayed further away, and not pulled itself in.
Just finished making a tiny one that’s about 0.200 square drive. Anyway my key also came out bad on the first try. It then occurred to me that between the two flute end mill and not sufficiently tightening the collet, the end mill was getting pulled out on heavy cuts. I need to take my time and do things properly. Even for silly chuck keys.

Last few weeks i've been clearing my yard of broken down cars but just as i fix one another one fails. I just fix the starter on the white elephant No:2 but noticed its losing lots of coolant and today it finally blow its heater core. Replacing heater core on any car is a hassle but in this one everything needs to come out, and i really didn't wanted to do it but in all 12 shops i asked they said no. So i rolled back my sleeves and took it apart, i've done couple of heater cores and stripped many cars so i know how to do it, but its a lot of work. I started right after work and finished at 3 AM the old heater core was the original and has been leaking for a while, tomorrow i'll buy a new one and continue. I'll also pick up couple bottles of oven cleaner and sanitizer everything is very dirty and the carpet is soaked in coolant. I'll have a full day of cleaning tomorrow, the plan is just get it done.
IMG_20220405_211430.jpgIMG_20220405_211419.jpgIMG_20220405_211448.jpgIMG_20220405_211455.jpgIMG_20220405_211502.jpgIMG_20220405_211507.jpg

Last few weeks i've been clearing my yard of broken down cars but just as i fix one another one fails. I just fix the starter on the white elephant No:2 but noticed its losing lots of coolant and today it finally blow its heater core. Replacing heater core on any car is a hassle but in this one everything needs to come out, and i really didn't wanted to do it but in all 12 shops i asked they said no. So i rolled back my sleeves and took it apart, i've done couple of heater cores and stripped many cars so i know how to do it, but its a lot of work. I started right after work and finished at 3 AM the old heater core was the original and has been leaking for a while, tomorrow i'll buy a new one and continue. I'll also pick up couple bottles of oven cleaner and sanitizer everything is very dirty and the carpet is soaked in coolant. I'll have a full day of cleaning tomorrow, the plan is just get it done.
View attachment 404328View attachment 404327View attachment 404329View attachment 404330View attachment 404331View attachment 404332
holy cow, last time I took one out it was a job, but not like that... it was a 62 olds. I don't think I ever did my Camaro..
I guess with all the electronics, the air bags, the other stuff.. there's just no access. I probably would have put bars-leak in the radiator and hoped for the best.

holy cow, last time I took one out it was a job, but not like that... it was a 62 olds. I don't think I ever did my Camaro..
I guess with all the electronics, the air bags, the other stuff.. there's just no access. I probably would have put bars-leak in the radiator and hoped for the best.
Radiator stop leak was added about a year ago and was leaking a bit but yesterday it blow out it was leaking more then you can fill it. I had to bypass it or replace it and i decided to do it right. The automatic A/C make it more difficult, the thing has 20 air temp sensors 5 stepper motors but still is simpler then working on a french car, and i've learn on french cars.

Back