POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

@rabler if you want to paint the threading plate, it's easy if you build a flat tipped blotter, just dip it in paint and blot it on the raised numbers. I found it online, and it worked well. Even a small square stick with a flat end, attach some felt over the tip, wrap it with some string and you have a hard blotter.

@rabler if you want to paint the threading plate, it's easy if you build a flat tipped blotter, just dip it in paint and blot it on the raised numbers. I found it online, and it worked well. Even a small square stick with a flat end, attach some felt over the tip, wrap it with some string and you have a hard blotter.
That might work, I've thought of a using the brayer type hard roller that I use for the surface plate ink. Another thing for the one-of-these days list ;)

That might work, I've thought of a using the brayer type hard roller that I use for the surface plate ink. Another thing for the one-of-these days list ;)
My first thought was to transcribe the data into Excel. Size the print area to fit 8.5 x 11. Print it, laminate and keep in a convenient location. YMMV

Replace the top links with turnbuckles like what is used on the top link in a rear mount 3pt hitch.
4PtHitch.jpg
Might be able to do something, but that top link isn't just a simple member. It's also structural to the hitch.

If the top link wasn't ridged you would loose down pressure. That is REALLY nice. You can lift the front tires of the tractor off the ground about 8". The tractor gets supported from the cutting edge of the blower and back tires. Handy for putting the front chains on, and for carving up mat when it's too thick.

I think part of the reason for the 4 link design is it keeps the U joint angles equal. Even the spline on the shaft is keyed to clock the U joints to each other. This is a 2K RPM PTO, so maybe they do it for joint life??? The blower can be raised 3 feet and carve into a bank. For those occasional storms where the whole driveway fills with 4-5 feet, it's worth every penny.

Other than this somewhat minor grumble, it's worked flawlessly for over a decade. Have moved snow with a plow truck, and with the bucket on a bigger tractor. This is faster by a wide margin. (Most winters it gets used 3-4 times a week from Dec-April).

Back