POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I put new solar lights in around the house , started on a garden project requiring 48 landscape ties , and found these down the other basement while looking for a 1"-8 tap . :grin: Enco 4" boring/ facing head and another Geometric die head .

Attachments

• IMG_9094.JPG
    IMG_9094.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 29
I try to avoid french cars. Luckily they didn't get to this area. British cars did for a while and while they are not too hard to work on, the electrics leave something to be desired. Lucas electrics have at least spawned a good variety of jokes like calling Lucas the prince of darkness and Englishmen have to drink warm beer as they have Lucas refrigerators etc.

Despite all the early pitfalls Lucas electrics still exists and continues to strive to be great. I recently read in a trade journal that Lucas R&D had finally completed development of the dark emitting diode.

It will be labeled simply DED in the usual scientific and automotive vernacular for easy reference.

Last edited:
Today i spent a lot of time working in the white elephant no:2. Installed the dash support, connected the instrument panel and climate control fire the engine got it up to temp pressurize the cooling system up to 1 bar. No leaks, connected the A/C used new O rings then vacuumed that system and charged it. After testing both systems cooling and heating are working as they should i install the dash bolted everything tight no extra bolts left. i'm glad to be done with this job and most importantly is has no cheeks and the ugly small is gone.
IMG_20220406_195513.jpgIMG_20220407_194933.jpgIMG_20220407_203330.jpg

i'm glad to be done with this job and most importantly is it has no cheeks leaks and the ugly small smell is gone.
LOL
Believe me, you communicate very well in English. Immensely better than I would do in your native language.

It was an arbor kind of day, after getting the cows checked and a purchase for my sweet and lovely. The flycutter came from a flea market 5bucks, the slitting saw is HF, and I promptly broke the one it came with. Slitting saw one is made from a grade 5 bolt, and 309 stainless for the cutter, its what I had close to diam. Struggled with the finish on the stainless, and botched it on the bolt beceause the diameter snuck up on me, Oh well, should work. Second photo is for the wife, a horsedance stick by a local native american artisan. Maybe get a little forgiveness for tool purchases, lol.

20220417_193239.jpg20220417_202500.jpg

Last edited:
Today i was going to keep my hands off cars but murphy's law, my brother called, the astra die at the bus station can you take a look at it. Waited for him to drive me there and it fired up i drove it home and found 2 codes in the ecu, it had no check engine but the crank sensor code will explain the engine dying and not restarting. Remove the sensor, it has no visual damage, check the wiring, all fine. Put it together drove it and after 15-20km it die, it light up the battery lamp and the service but no check engine, there i had my lap top and i could see it was showing crank rpm but won't start. This was confusing, but i've seen this before so i open the hood and unplug the camshaft sensor and i had no rpm, cam or crank, so i know the crank sensor is defective. I left the car on the side of the road it will cool down and probably fire tomorrow, i did document the sensor when i had it out so i'll send my brother to buy a new one.
IMG_20220408_172232.jpgIMG_20220408_212458.jpg
View attachment VID_20220408_205643.mp4

Back