POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I had to tear the Cub apart completely just to get to the bad solenoid . Parts are everywhere once again . Jack's doesn't carry the part so have to wait on Amazon now . The wire strippers that were bought last month have gone missing , so I'll tear apart the drawers again to find one of the fifty pairs hiding somewhere . :grin: Gotta love it .
good luck with that. The thing is you need one to find one or more. When you don't have one , you can't find any.
As soon as you buy another you will find the one you lost, and can find the others... It's a terrible cycle that I run into many times...
But I try to give my son the extras.. That way I look like a hero instead of they guy that keeps misplacing his tools...

I sold a 48" gang box that was in my truck yesterday . Just sold a JD low hour motor off my LX for good money . Both of these were off of FB marketplace . More space for ME ! ( almost enough for that Sharp mill 7 miles up is contemplateing ) :grin:

I did some turning on my lathe today...............Just kidding.
View attachment 407733
That boring bar probably weighs over a hundred pounds. It looks small, but I think it's bigger than his leg, and knowing my large chunks of metal, and how much a short length weighs, jeez, and mine is 4"x4" I think that's at least 6...

I did some turning on my lathe today...............Just kidding.
I applied at a motor rebuild shop just before my current job . Now I've run some pretty big arse lathes over the years , but this place had a real lathe . The faceplate was about 20' in diameter . There were no beds , no rails etc . Train tracks on the floor and the " tailstock " was about 100 foot away from what I was looking at . Ah.........er , I don't think I'm interested . They did have plenty of work though , and the foreman was retiring looking for someone to fill his shoes ! :grin:

I had some biggins for the LeBlond . I think they're buried in the back yard . :encourage:

Back