POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

My thinking exactly. Should work well that way.

Some of the material to make the drill press float lock vise, came in...

IMG_5993.jpeg

Baby steps... machined the 1/2 bar to length... that is it, that is all I did today :D...

IMG_5991.jpeg

Last edited:
Some of the material to make the drill press float lock vise, came in...

Baby steps... machined the 1/2 bar to length... that is it, that is all I did today :D...

With the QNAP hot swap bay NAS as a back drop, it looks like you are a bit of a techie. :)

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Welded up the main part of a new stand for my RF mill.
Need to add some angle iron across the lower part of the legs to support a cabinet.
68899bf88655f89690693595fc5ddf96.jpg

Was given a bunch of pine and poplar logs a couple of weeks ago, two hay wagon loads. Spent the afternoon sawing 1 x 10's to finish the shed and have a bunch on hand. 570 board foot of lumber, apparently about $1700 worth at the new inflated price. lol
IMG_2022-05-28_18-59-47.jpeg

Greg

Was given a bunch of pine and poplar logs a couple of weeks ago, two hay wagon loads. Spent the afternoon sawing 1 x 10's to finish the shed and have a bunch on hand. 570 board foot of lumber, apparently about $1700 worth at the new inflated price. lol
View attachment 408233

Greg
Greg, were those dead standing trees? Are they dry? I remember watching Brian Bloc on youtube rebuilding his barn. I said they were too wet and would shrink, and they sure did. He had them done in clapboard style and he had big gaps once they started to dry.

Can't beat the smell of a sawmill. lol
These logs are a year or two old but were green when the tree went down.
Green wood seams to work for timber framing, mortises and tenons shrink at the same rate it seams.
Also fine for board and batten siding. I only fix the board in the middle so it can shrink under the batten, which hold the boards from cupping.

Greg

Back