2018 POTD Thread Archive

Today i had a hour to spare so i keep on working on the trunk lid, i did little grounding on welds but i turn it upside down and cut off the gas struts mounts, they have been ripped out and welded on with an arc welder, they are thin and have an old style mount hole, i decided to change them, i'll be using different struts and those mounts cover over the horrible welds, then i moved over to the inside repair, i took my time and welded it without any holes. The weather is getting really cold and the big garage has no heat so i'm taking only smaller jobs to finish them quickly.
IMG_20181216_203507.jpgIMG_20181216_202548.jpgIMG_20181216_202601.jpg

GoceKU, I have to admire your determination. Keep at it! Do you have access to a portable heater?

This may have been stated earlier but I wish this Lada had it own separate thread so it be bookmarked and could all be viewed sequentially.
Robert

I stuffed up a cool looking handle for my new cross slide.
I broke a 6mm tap, no warning and tapping by hand when it shattered.
handle.jpg

I drilled a 9mm hole followed by a 14mm hole then a 5/8" hole to give a stepped hole that fit the handle tightly, hammered som al foil into the bottom end for continuity and set it up in the eroder.
eroder-handle.jpg
It is under the kero when working and the little pump squirts into the burn hole.
Tommorow I hope to get it all out.
Bah humbug I say.

GoceKU, I have to admire your determination. Keep at it! Do you have access to a portable heater?

I have portable heaters, but they are too small to make a difference the big garage is 158 square meters with tall ceilings so until i divide it or get a big burner type heater it will be slow going, i may try and rig up an car webasto diesel heater.

This may have been stated earlier but I wish this Lada had it own separate thread so it be bookmarked and could all be viewed seq

It's never been my intention to document me fixing this car, this is an machining forum after all, i'll stop posting about it if any one means it, i only wanted to share what i'm working on in my shop.

GoceKU, I have enjoyed seeing your daily posts and the great work you are doing in adverse conditions. Keep it up.

Sorry if I gave you with wrong idea. I did not mean you should not post! I am enjoying following along with your efforts! I guess I was trying to say it should be more prominently featured in it's own thread. Can't wait to see it in action.
Thank you
Robert

Last edited:
Back