2019 POTD Thread Archive

Messing around with cutting oil no spill container for fun.
6b0c448fd3e394d6e8140dc2b82070fd.jpg
This is my take on the tuna can style container. It’s a can that mushrooms came in, I removed the inner lip, machined a piece of delrin out of my junk pile to fit and hold a piece of 1/2” PVC pipe. I used 5 minute epoxy to bond the whole thing together.

Like I need more oil containers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that idea jdedmon. I need a few of those too.
Might have to give it a go this weekend since I will probably snow bound if the weatherman can be trusted with his prediction of 6 to 8 inches of new snow.

Finally got around to making the angle setting gage.
View attachment 284962

I don't think I understand the design of your project. Can you explain the features and how it's used?
I'm familiar with some designs but your hole pattern arrangement isn't familiar to me.

As most of you know I do YouTube, like most of the machining creators we all watch Tublicain, Lyle is just as humble in private emails as our forum members, in fact I was helping a friend with a Lilse drill grinder he purchased that was missing a part, he had drawings but the part was a casting without the casting dimensions and I needed them to replicate the part. Since I knew Mr Pete shown one, I emailed him out of the blue to get the dimensions needed. He went out measured the part and emailed me back and was gracious about it. Because of that I decided to surprise him with a homemade speed handle, but Murphy, and cousin Bozo stepped in. A 5” Kurt has a different hex than a 6”. This video is machine the 6” one, next week I show the 5” and a Bridgeport vice wrench I also threw in because I felt bad. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today i did little cleaning of the big garage, there is stuff everywhere, i need a month to clean and organize everything, is so bad i don't even want to work on the little Niva because i can't find anything, so i getterd the tools in one corner, pick up the trash from the top, i filled up two big trash bags also i unwrapped the wheels for the little Niva, i installed the balance weights in their original places and stacked the wheels, in a clean and safe spot.
IMG_20190118_152206.jpgIMG_20190118_160628.jpg

We made something new to us from junk.

We had a rechargeable air bed pump with dead battery that we could not give away.

Needed bellows for fire place.

What to do. ?

We hooked up a power supply to pump and it blows like mini-leaf blower so we order a new battery.

Makes a mess as is so found some aluminum tube and some brass fittings.

Threaded to end of tubing to thread on the fitting to make a nozzle.

Still too much air so made a cap from a pipe cap to. Hole it a bit and done.

Nor toss some logs on the coals and point this in and instant flames.

1748c0075003cc41ed5671ea23173379.jpg
3008f3198188cddbe24c5f0a4ae5324a.jpg
82ecb341dbad2c1463bb4971552dea1a.jpg
4618f51ca73192a861ba26bab5c4ba57.jpg
cd5435b12e2cc37c58733373713b83bf.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back